Unconventional GoPro daily giveaway winner!

Just arrived!
307723_296020860414862_100000208522555_1422263_53039697_n.jpg

Well after many months of religiously entering the GoPro Daily Giveaway Contest I finally hit my lucky streak! Well, luck might be misinterpreted as karma :devil:. I get a knock on the door today, and too my surprise it's a package from Alaska. Opened it up and I about hit the deck. This thing looks brand spanking new! All the cables, battery, accessories were still in there original packaging. A good friend of mine from the Navy (also riding buddy) decided I could really get some use out of a GoPro. He initially bought it for underwater filming, but has since then moved onto something bigger and better for what he wants to capture. It sure is nice to have good friends. Now I just need to figure out how to use it!

SRAD97750

Staff member
NICE. Just play with it around the house. Go Pros are point and shoot mostly. I shot you an email about an upcoming chance to use it. -BIG DAN:thumb:

I went over to Fry's yesterday to pick up a bunch of shit for my engineering labs, while I was there I got a 16GB SD card. This morning I get a knock on the door from the mailman. It's another package from my buddy with a spare battery, and 32GB SD card! I don't even know what to say at this point. This is one of the nicest/spontaneous things any of my friends have ever done for me. With 48GB of memory and 16 hours of battery life....I think it fair to say I will have more than enough footage to relive those great trips!

I went over to Fry's yesterday to pick up a bunch of shit for my engineering labs, while I was there I got a 16GB SD card. This morning I get a knock on the door from the mailman. It's another package from my buddy with a spare battery, and 32GB SD card! I don't even know what to say at this point. This is one of the nicest/spontaneous things any of my friends have ever done for me. With 48GB of memory and 16 hours of battery life....I think it fair to say I will have more than enough footage to relive those great trips!

16 hours of battery life? how many spare battery's did he send you? unless its different with the 960 you only get 2 hours on a battery. i have a usb port in my truck and i charger that has one on it so i recharge battery's at the end of the day/night
you are set on memory tho. Thats exactly what i carry and i have not filled up both on 1 trip. Never done more then 3 days tho.

16 hours of battery life? how many spare battery's did he send you? unless its different with the 960 you only get 2 hours on a battery. i have a usb port in my truck and i charger that has one on it so i recharge battery's at the end of the day/night
you are set on memory tho. Thats exactly what i carry and i have not filled up both on 1 trip. Never done more then 3 days tho.
I read his letter wrong. 8 hours of filming with the 32gb sd card. 4-5 hours of battery life. Haven't had too much time to mess around with it though. Time will tell! I've got a phone charger with an extra USB port . Never thought I would need it...glad I have it now!

Well I got to test it out, and play around with some editing. I'm happy with the result for my first time up. Lighting could have been better, but without an LCD screen I had no way of knowing. Light on the headband may have made it better though. regardless, taking video in absolute darkness isn't something I plan on doing a lot of. just happened to be the first adventure i could use it on.

Since youtube seems to want to block my videos due to the soundtrack. can you guys recommend any other sites to use for uploading and not worrying about copyrights?

edit: disregard my above statement. found a loop hole to youtube's copyright infringement...ironically from a tutorial on youtube.