Other UMMMM Seriously C.A.R.B ?

:finger:
33p7fqb.jpg

This has been done on cars in the past. It's really not that unusual.

I like how it says "voluntary." I'm sure it's voluntary in the sense that unless they did the recall CARB would take them to court.

Wonder if they are issuing new stickers to owners in other states?

i wouldnt be surprised if they are or will be. I love how its not proper maintenance if i dont put a sticker on there. :picard: not big enough

Why not just mail everyone the sticker with replacement intructions? save$$

For California those stickers would have a large potential for misuse like I tried to indicate in a joking way above. This sticker is what is the main control on what bike is eligible for a plate here. It's the reference for the DMV. They look for those words indicating that the vehicle is on road smog tested. Checking on engine families is a bit beyond the average DMV drones skill set.

For California those stickers would have a large potential for misuse like I tried to indicate in a joking way above. This sticker is what is the main control on what bike is eligible for a plate here. It's the reference for the DMV. They look for those words indicating that the vehicle is on road smog tested. Checking on engine families is a bit beyond the average DMV drones skill set.

OH.... Good answer :thumb:

NJ follows Ca emmission standards as a guidline now

This is the pre-cursor to Smog Checks on motorcycles. It is already happening in several counties in multiple states.
Anything that is green sticker or plated will eventually require smog checks.
The reason this is happening is because of KTM's mistake, not CARB's over-zealousness.
KTM requested compliance stickers for their customers.