Turkey Week Ride - Part 2

With coming home early from OW, we decided to do a day trip, and ride to the Husky from Stoddard.

The trip didn't start off too well. First stop was Wal Mart since Trav forgot his vest.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 001.JPG

A cheap backpack for water & jerky, and we were gone.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 002.JPG

You know we're in Stoddard from the helmetless quad riders, doing wheelies on the asphalt.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 006.JPG

The day continued wth Trav dumping his bike while unloading. The remains of his tail light.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 007.JPG

8:30ish and ready to roll.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 008.JPG

First one of the day.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 009.JPG

The new back pack.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 010.JPG

The river wa easy to cross today.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 011.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 012.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 013.JPG

Once we got to the valley, Trav was let loose.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 014.JPG

Next stop was Hinkley to top off.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 015.JPG

Thank God I only needed a half a gallon.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 016.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 017.JPG

Met a nice lady out messing around with her kids.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 018.JPG

To be continued...

Out of Hinkley, to the Harper overlook for #4.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 020.JPG
Trav chillin.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 019.JPG

A beautiful day. :cool:
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 021.JPG

Panos
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 022.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 023.JPG

We took a different route after the tree, and found some cool new stuff.

Rolls where we'll hop out of the wash.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 025.JPG

Trav right behind him.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 026.JPG

Pano from that stop.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 024.JPG

We climbed and rode the green sand hill ridges, and stopped here for #5 & #6. :devil:
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 028.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 029.JPG
Pano
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 027.JPG

We dropped back down, and found a trail that headed in the direction of the Husky.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 030.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 031.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 032.JPG

To be continued...

With coming home early from OW, we decided to do a day trip, and ride to the Husky from Stoddard.

The trip didn't start off too well. First stop was Wal Mart since Trav forgot his vest.
View attachment 10813

A cheap backpack for water & jerky, and we were gone.
View attachment 10814

You know we're in Stoddard from the helmetless quad riders, doing wheelies on the asphalt.
View attachment 10815

The day continued wth Trav dumping his bike while unloading. The remains of his tail light.
View attachment 10816

8:30ish and ready to roll.
View attachment 10817

First one of the day.
View attachment 10818

The new back pack.
View attachment 10819

The river wa easy to cross today.
View attachment 10820

View attachment 10821

View attachment 10822

Once we got to the valley, Trav was let loose.
View attachment 10823

Next stop was Hinkley to top off.
View attachment 10824

Thank God I only needed a half a gallon.
View attachment 10825

View attachment 10826

Met a nice lady out messing around with her kids.
View attachment 10827

To be continued...

and to think TraV has the ultimate ramp.... :noidea: ... how the heck did it happen???

The next stop was the Husky, and it was packed.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 037.JPG

Trav getting himself, and Andrews memorial.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 038.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 039.JPG

It was getting late, so not too much more trail shots, other then on the move across Harper for #8.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 041.JPG

Hinkley Road for #9.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 042.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 045.JPG

A little farther down, and we're at double digits. #10
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 047.JPG

This is the King of fire roads.
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 048.JPG

Next stop was the bridge after the river. 10 miles to go, and he looks beat.:smirk:

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 049.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 050.JPG

Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 051.JPG

Back at the truck with just short of 125 miles, with no flats.....
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 056.JPG

I spoke too soon. I guess Travace is going to get a flat no matter what.:smirk:
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 053.JPG

I guess it's going to end with #13.:devil:
Stoddard to the Husky Nov 2012 057.JPG

Well, thanks for the invite Tim "BUT" I had a fantastic time in AZ with my wife. I just got back and unpacked. Good to see you all had a good time and T-rave got the flat at the end.

so i am one hella prepared motherfucker on this day.

1. forgot my vest.
2. loose and missing sprocket bolts.

which lead to how my taillight got broke. First i am watching rolls set up the single wood ramp and i say " i got this so i give no fucks" i set it on the tailgate and proceed to back my bike off. half way down the ramp my bike just stops. So im half way on the ramp the bike is half way on the ramp and i give it a little tug thinking maybe a knobie is stuck. when i do this the entire ramp slips off, i eat shit on top of the gate and i am now staring at a big ass 530 exc standing straight up and down and right above me... last second it falls to the side. So i start the ride off with a bruised knee :lol:

3. cause of flat tire's for my last 15 or more rides and anyone who helped me change a tube is partly to blame for not teaching my noob ass any different. took the back wheel to the shop today to get the tube changed while i got some sprocket bolts. i explained how many flats i have had lately and if they could jsut look and see if they notice anything. Well it was actually a double whammy, 1 is there was a hole in my tire which was causing a slow leak and 2 (the big one) my rim lock had no rubber on it. it was bare metal with the claws and everything. i guess thats a no no and its supposed to have rubber... LOL learn something everyday.,..... that thing has NEVER had rubber on it.... not when i have seen it at least.

im an asshole so sorry guys... next ride i will be way more prepared i promise

Timoyz= asshole
PALMER84ONE= ASS
Travace= :noidea: asshole is taken, ASS is taken, How about flatass? :smirk::lol:

J/K Trav, :hug:
It is always a blast to ride no matter what the circumstances are!!!

look at the holy rolls
35mlhz6.jpg

while timoys is just to the side of holy
2mhbjig.jpg

I love this corner so much...
24wbtdy.jpg

there was some unmarked spots of the wash that were really fun... this really isnt a pic of that but you get the idea.
2coo1op.jpg

I like to stay close enough so that im before the dust spread but Tim got himself a new tire and i got to test the strength of MX goggles.,... i must say they do work because i had some nasty shit sprayed at me...
1693syv.jpg

5w9xky.jpg

After that i backed off and dealt with dust :lol:

Right before harper dry lake rolls passed us up so tim had to go chase him down... here is a snap from up top
465484_10151261466897480_1391384973_o.jpg

and right before i was released into the valley
616585_10151261808487480_484579493_o.jpg

pano's come out jacked if oyu have a spot on the lens :lol: husky was stacked...
703624_10151261468762480_913230923_o.jpg

was a great time. be on a look out for a filming day thread at the emerald hills(i just nicknamed it that :P) it will be a come one come all

so i am one hella prepared motherfucker on this day.

1. forgot my vest.
2. loose and missing sprocket bolts.

which lead to how my taillight got broke. First i am watching rolls set up the single wood ramp and i say " i got this so i give no fucks" i set it on the tailgate and proceed to back my bike off. half way down the ramp my bike just stops. So im half way on the ramp the bike is half way on the ramp and i give it a little tug thinking maybe a knobie is stuck. when i do this the entire ramp slips off, i eat shit on top of the gate and i am now staring at a big ass 530 exc standing straight up and down and right above me... last second it falls to the side. So i start the ride off with a bruised knee :lol:

3. cause of flat tire's for my last 15 or more rides and anyone who helped me change a tube is partly to blame for not teaching my noob ass any different. took the back wheel to the shop today to get the tube changed while i got some sprocket bolts. i explained how many flats i have had lately and if they could jsut look and see if they notice anything. Well it was actually a double whammy, 1 is there was a hole in my tire which was causing a slow leak and 2 (the big one) my rim lock had no rubber on it. it was bare metal with the claws and everything. i guess thats a no no and its supposed to have rubber... LOL learn something everyday.,..... that thing has NEVER had rubber on it.... not when i have seen it at least.

im an asshole so sorry guys... next ride i will be way more prepared i promise
Not an asshole, shizzle happens... :thumb: