ttr 125 problems

My yamaha is going crazy when I start it, it idles but revs up and stops consitantly back and forth and I am not touching anything then when I give it gas the bike shuts down and I have to restart it I need help determining the problem?

My yamaha is going crazy when I start it, it idles but revs up and stops consitantly back and forth and I am not touching anything then when I give it gas the bike shuts down and I have to restart it I need help determining the problem?

Welcome Cobey, sounds like I'd start with cleaning the carb and checking for air leaks at the carb and between it and the engine. How long have you had the bike, and did this start all at once? Also does it run ok off idle or riding it on the gas?

I have had the bike for 2 or 3 years now and its run like a dream till now and it starts fine but like I said once it starts it revs up and on it I notice now when I push the choke in it dies now so I am going to clean the carb and I think it has a clog somwhere in the engine that I need to find.