Trying to deside what to do? Baby and wife.

Hey everyone I'm at loss here. My wife is my best friend and does everything with me. We are going to try having a baby here soon so I'm looking for some advise. This will be my first kid of my own and I'm not totally sure what to expect or think here. My wife is wanting to get into dirt bikes right now but if she is going to be pregnant in a few months I'm not going to want her on a dirt bike. So here is where the delema starts.

I sold my sprint boat (I can't go into details until later but you guys won't beleive who bought it) and my plan was to get another boat. But my wife is the wake board and ski type. I'm the river running and jet boat type. So I thought well maybe I shouldn't get a boat maybe I should buy a RZR so my wife can run it while the kids and I are on dirt bikes. Then maybe after she has the baby we can pick up another bike for her.

Then I have my conscience that says sit on the money because of the upcoming baby.

Did your wife stop doing everything with you? Is the baby going to change it all? Looking back what would you have done differently or what would you do again?

Hey everyone I'm at loss here. My wife is my best friend and does everything with me. We are going to try having a baby here soon so I'm looking for some advise. This will be my first kid of my own and I'm not totally sure what to expect or think here. My wife is wanting to get into dirt bikes right now but if she is going to be pregnant in a few months I'm not going to want her on a dirt bike. So here is where the delema starts.

I sold my sprint boat (I can't go into details until later but you guys won't beleive who bought it) and my plan was to get another boat. But my wife is the wake board and ski type. I'm the river running and jet boat type. So I thought well maybe I shouldn't get a boat maybe I should buy a RZR so my wife can run it while the kids and I are on dirt bikes. Then maybe after she has the baby we can pick up another bike for her.

Then I have my conscience that says sit on the money because of the upcoming baby.

Did your wife stop doing everything with you? Is the baby going to change it all? Looking back what would you have done differently or what would you do again?

Having a baby is a wonderful thing. It's upbringing is totally between you and your wife.

While your wife is prego...:smirk:...there's no reason for her to stop "immediately" doing what she likes doing. Maybe after a couple months of being pregonant. My wife continued to do everything she did prior to and there were no problems...

After the baby's born get back into it ASAP so he/she can grow up "in" the sport. I made the mistake of changing activis (bikes to horses) where my kids (2 oldest)didn't have the exposure to riding (bikes) that I wish they had so now that we're back into bikes theyd' be advanced riders. My oldest was very young when we stopped. I think her last camping/riding trip she was maybe 3 or 4 yo. (she's now 26). I think I would change things only because I feel like I "robbed" them (2 of 3) of their early years of camping/riding. They may think otherwise though...:thumb:

....... We are going to try having a baby here soon so I'm looking for some advise............?

Serious? Ummmm, better pm on this one :devil:

I have 4 kids, 3 of them grown. It is hard work but worth it. Yeah, it will change alot of things but you are the one in control of how much, kinda.... (I quit bikes for about 20 years due to the money factor).