True or False?

faster equals less crashes?

• True

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • False

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
i'm saying yes cause on like down hills, when in the air and in corners the more speed you have the less likely it is you'll catch a rock, not be able to bring back a whip or stall and fall over...

James

Staff member
Riding faster reduces your chances of crashing...
Not sure if speed itself would prevent crashes, but somebody that's faster usually has more "skills/talent".

However if you're ever in a pinch, powering out instead of braking will usually work in your favor. It's just hard to get over the mental aspect of hitting the power when your brain is screaming for you to hit the brakes. :shocked:

Not sure if speed itself would prevent crashes, but somebody that's faster usually has more "skills/talent".

However if you're ever in a pinch, powering out instead of braking will usually work in your favor. It's just hard to get over the mental aspect of hitting the power when your brain is screaming for you to hit the brakes. :shocked:

yeah like in my 120' jump in the dunes when the back end started coming around on me... i coulda easily panic reved and got it to come back around but i froze and stalled/crashed on landing when i wasn't that far outta shape

Unfair poll. You cannot unequivocally say that. Too slow and you're not in control. Too fast and you're not in control. Momentum will help in a great deal of situations, but you can easily take it too far.

James

Staff member
yeah like in my 120' jump in the dunes when the back end started coming around on me... i coulda easily panic reved and got it to come back around but i froze and stalled/crashed on landing when i wasn't that far outta shape
The same goes for rollers or whoops, for best results add a little rear brake.

Unfair poll. You cannot unequivocally say that. Too slow and you're not in control. Too fast and you're not in control. Momentum will help in a great deal of situations, but you can easily take it too far.

don't use words i don't know in my poll :naughty: :smirk:

I say, riding faster reduces your chances of crashing and NOT getting hurt....:prof:...:smirk:...:shocked:...I've done both, have gotten hurt only when going faster....the 1st or 2nd gear dumps didn't consist of any injuries to speak of...maybe a bruise or 2...

Well, fast riders are smooth riders. If your smooth then you don't crash. Although if your just riding fast and not smooth, then good luck.

I've seen what "appeared to be" a smooth rider hauling ass however his rear tire started bunny hopping, front end had a little wobble to it and he ALMOST bought the farm...he let off the gas and straightened it out...:thumb:...:ride:...:shocked: