Trip to the hills

It's like August out there, no spring grass or wildflowers.

Heading out, the hills in the background are the destination
100_0616.jpg

First desert tortoise sighting
100_0617.jpg

100_0608.jpg

100_0609.jpg

State supplied exercise equipment placed along trails to cut down on obese riders
100_0606.jpg

100_0612.jpg

100_0614.jpg

100_0621.jpg

Back down to the flatland
100_0622.jpg

100_0624.jpg

100_0623.jpg

The Rio Tintos almost look man made this time of day
100_0625.jpg

100_0638.jpg

Only shade for miles
100_0628.jpg

Good fifth gear stuff, long way back to the truck, bike don't fail me now
100_0626.jpg

Miller time
100_0635.jpg

100_0637.jpg

It was good.

Ha, bike don't fail me now. Yah, right! You know that bike will be around after the nuclear holicost, and the cock roaches will be riding it. Nice day trip again.

How on Earth does an exercise machine get put there? :lol:

Probably the same way spa's, couches and fridges do... A-Holes do the midnight dump runs... what gets me, they probably drive just as far to dump it illegally as they would to a dump site that they might have to pay. $10-20 sure beats the hefty fine if caught dumping illegally... :shocked:..... :foul:.... :busted:

I am even more intrigued when I see cars out in the desert and there is not even a road for them to get there. :noidea: You do see some weird stuff out in the dez.

true that. thats what is so great about the dez... you never know what kind of cool stuff you will run across out there. Srad his brother and I found ATM machines once. Ive even found tunnels and mini tracks right here only a couple miles away from my house that i never knew was there till i started riding

James

Staff member
I am even more intrigued when I see cars out in the desert and there is not even a road for them to get there. :noidea: You do see some weird stuff out in the dez.
Yeah I remember coming up to one in Spangler Hills last year. The thing was also full of bullet holes. :lol:

In a case of bizarro world, the increased price for scrap metal a few years ago resulted in lots of abandoned cars out in the dez being pulled out of places they had been for decades. There was a 57 T-Bird in a wash next to a place I have camped at that was pulled out, cars from the 30's and 40's, even a burned out bus that had been converted to a motorhome was pulled out. And we are talking miles off the nearest pavement.
Sometimes you find brand new stuff as well, such as tires. I have no use for low profiles, thought about getting the truck and collecting these. But where they were "borrowed" from was close by, Murphys law says security would have pulled up just as I was loading them up.
100_0336.jpg

In a case of bizarro world, the increased price for scrap metal a few years ago resulted in lots of abandoned cars out in the dez being pulled out of places they had been for decades. There was a 57 T-Bird in a wash next to a place I have camped at that was pulled out, cars from the 30's and 40's, even a burned out bus that had been converted to a motorhome was pulled out. And we are talking miles off the nearest pavement.
Sometimes you find brand new stuff as well, such as tires. I have no use for low profiles, thought about getting the truck and collecting these. But where they were "borrowed" from was close by, Murphys law says security would have pulled up just as I was loading them up.
100_0336.jpg
Not low enough profile or wide enough for my ride.....