Trip to the 'Berg

Well went down to battlesburg today and meet up yamadogyz (ray, although you all already knew that). Anyways the trip went great for me, I fell like i finally got my confidence back from when i wreaked in the middle of the summer. I'm really just starting to be able to stay in ruts now which is awesome, plus i was just overall faster today. Ray was whooping my but until he landed sideways and high-sided. Then it sorta went downhill from there for him. After we went out again we found that the axle bolt had loosened when he wreaked so he threw a link and screw up his sprockets and chain, but we put a new one on and then he threw that too. But i still had a great time and i think ray did too, i caught some video of him throwing the chain the first time too :thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bum70rh9ZL8

btw it looks really slow because i have it pointed so high, i was in 3-4th for all the jumps

hahaha nice write up :thumb: Yeah it was a freaking blast, I am still glad I went. I have my confidence up a little too I wasn't expecting much today, since it was a new track but I eaqualed out just as good as Crow. As far as the highside, I don't know what was up, supposly it was alot gnarlier looking, I just got a scratched up side but it actually didn't hurt much at all. And nothing too too serious happend to the bike. I'll get a pic of my sprockets and chain, they are FUBAR'ed quality :shocked: I picked up a fresh chain and sprocket set from Kames and a chain breaker so its all good. My drive has been messed up for awhile :noidea:
Btw- I can vouch, Darren really was doing alot better than the video shows, kicking ass! :thumb: Nice riding out there, I'm up for another trip. See you Friday homeskillet :thumb:

Heres what I have. More comming tomarrow, you can seet the worn down and 5 missing teeth on the sprocket. I had 1 missing tooth on the countershaft and a wrecked chain. This is my replacement set, cost a fourtune :shocked: View attachment 4767View attachment 4766

Ray after seeing that and only riding the bike for 1 year, i am honestly surprised you wasted your money on AL sprockets dude... the next time you get 30 bucks i'd but a cheap steel set from RMATV...

James

Staff member
:prof: An minimum of 5 pictures or 2 videos is required to qualify as a ride report. :P

btw it looks really slow because i have it pointed so high, i was in 3-4th for all the jumps
:thinking: Maybe if we combine your "pointed high" video my "pointed low" video, it would be perfect. :smirk:

Best advice I have for ruts is to not fight them. :ride:
Ray after seeing that and only riding the bike for 1 year, i am honestly surprised you wasted your money on AL sprockets dude... the next time you get 30 bucks i'd but a cheap steel set from RMATV...
:thumb: AL sprockets are a waste of money, I can not see anybody but a pro rider seeing a difference between it and steel. :noidea: Save your money and get steel.

Thanks James, yeah i usually always have the camera way to low but i guess i over compensated this time. I noticed today that i can do ruts if i get all lined up and then just look out of the corner, hopefully i can do it at my race on Friday.

whats up with the master link Ray??

Well, I seemd to ignor that my chain was going bad (I know its shameful :picard: :YD: ) and refused to accept the fact it didn't want to stick to my sprockets due to the back and forth slack in the O rings. So the masterlink popped off because that portion was slightly bent and it wrecked my drive assembly. it was purely my own retardation, I needed to replace it earlier but didn't have the coin. Thank god i had a case saver on my bike :prof: :crazy: And thank god even more it wasn't during a race!

Well, I seemd to ignor that my chain was going bad (I know its shameful :picard: :YD: ) and refused to accept the fact it didn't want to stick to my sprockets due to the back and forth slack in the O rings. So the masterlink popped off because that portion was slightly bent and it wrecked my drive assembly. it was purely my own retardation, I needed to replace it earlier but didn't have the coin. Thank god i had a case saver on my bike :prof: :crazy: And thank god even more it wasn't during a race!

That was not my question. I was asking why is your master link black and the rest of the chain gold. Did they not provide you with a gold link???

That was not my question. I was asking why is your master link black and the rest of the chain gold. Did they not provide you with a gold link???

So guys like you would ask :smirk:

Actually, the back is gold but I don't want to turn it around, working against you bike makes the masterlink hard to put on. It was included with my chain though, not seprate, I don't know why the plate isn't gold :noidea: