Trails Tire Conversation.

So I was talking to a guy this morning about dirt bikes. We got on the subject about tires. He tells me that he runs a tubeless trails tire with 6 pounds of pressure. He said this hooks up good in all conditions. Is this guy crazy? Has anyone out there ran a tubeless trails? Does it work good for all seasons? 6 Pounds seems low...:thinking:

So I was talking to a guy this morning about dirt bikes. We got on the subject about tires. He tells me that he runs a tubeless trails tire with 6 pounds of pressure. He said this hooks up good in all conditions. Is this guy crazy? Has anyone out there ran a tubeless trails? Does it work good for all seasons? 6 Pounds seems low...:thinking:

Try it, you'll like it, especially if you like rocky, nasty, technical trails.
He is crazy like a fox.

I have been running trials tires the last couple years on my 200, at 8psi with a HD tube. The MT43 is my tire of choice because unlike the softer tires such as the d803, it doesn't throw knobs. If you do go with the neutech, make sure you bring a spare system in the truck, or rimlocks and a tube, because when they fail, they are a pain.... My buddy's failed right before a race, and he didn't have a spare, so he had to barrow a whole wheel from somebody...

I have been running trials tires the last couple years on my 200, at 8psi with a HD tube. The MT43 is my tire of choice because unlike the softer tires such as the d803, it doesn't throw knobs. If you do go with the neutech, make sure you bring a spare system in the truck, or rimlocks and a tube, because when they fail, they are a pain.... My buddy's failed right before a race, and he didn't have a spare, so he had to barrow a whole wheel from somebody...

Thanks for the info. :ride:

well im goin to wellsville with my uncle during the week next week and its mostly all hard rocky terrain but if u hit a new hill thats not packed down or the top soil is still on it, its gets realy loose and soft, so i think im gonna run 8-9 the whole time so i can get even more traction on the realy steep rocky hills

Is this a thread about these?
0000_Dunlop_D803_Trials_Rear_Tire.jpg

pirelli_tires.jpg

:smashpc:

I have considered running a trials tire on my bike. I know a few guy locally where I ride that run them. And they swear by them, on the twisty single track and rocky trails that I (we) ride. However once youve gotten off that trail and want to transit quickly across the valley to get to the next mountain trail. Your limited to how fast you can go. From what I understand trials tires dont do well at or near wide open throttle positions. Its my understanding that they want to separate off the carcass and or the wheel. I'll just stick with my Desert I/T tires.:thumb: