Trailer-Aid

$56 is a waste of money on that. You can make one out of good old 2 x 6 stepped and nailed together to form a ramp effect. I used to use this set up all the time to level my old motor home, just drive right up and bingo. :thumb:

$56 is a waste of money on that. You can make one out of good old 2 x 6 stepped and nailed together to form a ramp effect. I used to use this set up all the time to level my old motor home, just drive right up and bingo. :thumb:

I am not going to add a heavy home made 2X6 redneck ramp. I'll spend the squish.

530 has a point although, for 56 bucks I would just buy it and throw it in the storage compartment :prof:

:thumb:

Really Rack IMO you could bandsaw that out of a large post and traction strip the underside and it would have you the money. No glue, no nails, just cut it out of a solid square post :noidea: Probably be more safer too, those look a tad sketchy, not telling just saying, I'd trust Red Oak first

James

Staff member
Really Rack IMO you could bandsaw that out of a large post and traction strip the underside and it would have you the money. No glue, no nails, just cut it out of a solid square post :noidea: Probably be more safer too, those look a tad sketchy, not telling just saying, I'd trust Red Oak first
You're forgetting how important [lack of] weight is.

that trailer aid weighs 7.83lbs the 2x6 only weighs 2lbs per foot so and 8ft 2x6 is only 16lbs! Do you really think 8lbs more is gonna make that much difference:noidea: I am sorry for the money....I with you 530 :prof:

bah, 2 things

1)2x6's to the best of my knowledge are pine(oaks a cabinet wood...)
2)that trailer-aid is composite. many times stronger than wood, and won't rot, mold, or very easily crack.