Trail tech voyager gps/computer

Hi guys, just curious if anyone knows anything about these units? Are they any good? Also I have a honda 1996 xr650l, if I got this is it a replacement for the factory speedometer/gauge cluster? Meaning does it plug in to existing data feeds to give rpm, temps, etc...? Thanks for any help.

As far as i know they are not a replacement. They are universal units that you will have to most likey make mounts for and will for sure have to run wires for

Yea I saw the reviews, I was hoping someone on here had one and could talk about it.

I have one. They are model specific for most models, but if they dont have one for your model they make a universal model. If you have a voyager for your model it is plug and play with the stock connectors. I Have one for my Husky. they sent me one for a KTM because they dont make one for a Husky. I like it a lot. The GPS is awesome and all the other features work really well.

I have one. They are model specific for most models, but if they dont have one for your model they make a universal model. If you have a voyager for your model it is plug and play with the stock connectors. I Have one for my Husky. they sent me one for a KTM because they dont make one for a Husky. I like it a lot. The GPS is awesome and all the other features work really well.

Thanks for the info. How is the screen visibility in the daytime? Does the gps have preloaded maps, of can you add maps?

Thanks for the info. How is the screen visibility in the daytime? Does the gps have preloaded maps, of can you add maps?

The screen visibility in the daytime is excellent. It does not come with pre loaded maps, but it is capable of dropping bread crumbs so you can make your own maps. Trail tech also has a website that is dedicated to the voyager. You can go to the site and download your trails for everybody to see and you can also upload trails somebody else has built.

I have been looking into a GPS for my bike too and these seem nice. Do they interfere with a damper?

This is the issue I ran into. There is no "real good" place to mount the unit. It takes some work to get the unit mounted up to were you can see it and it doesn't look like you just threw it on there. I would strongly suggest getting the billet cover to protect it, as the little knob has been known to break off if it gets snagged on a tree or something.

Here is where I mounted mine. It took some work and some bar pad modification to get it there.DSC_0440.JPG