Torn Labrum

Since I crashed in Vegas during January of 2011 my shoulder has never been the same. Its been dislocated a total of 3 times since then, 2 in wrestling, and 1 being a dumbass jumping off a high dive :roll eyes: After the last time it got dislocated I went and got some x-rays taken and the results came back indicating a torn labrum, the doctor tested my shoulder and told me that its more than likely a torn labrum, but it can most likely be fixed by arthoscopic surgery. I have an appointment for an MRI the wednesday after I get back from Vegas. Ready to get it done!! Anyone els have the same thing done recently?

James

Staff member
Like we'd talked about earlier, I had my right shoulder fixed December a year ago and so far it's been a great success. If I remember right KTMRack and CDA have also had this operation done.

Keep us updated. :thumb:

hey welcome to my world of pains. i have a torn labrum with arthritic tendinidus. its in both shoulders but i focused the dr visit on 1 that is worse. Apparently the way i sleep is super bad as well but its the only way i can sleep. I have recently lost weight and it has helped me out a lot. i use to get the pinching nerve feeling when in held my arm out and slowly raised it but that is almost gone. it dont hurt much anymore but gets a bit sore when i ride(especially when i hit G outs at high speed ) but nothing that i feel is holding me back right now.

on my stomach usually a little to one side or the other with one arm down and one arm up and under my head and pillow. it wrecks havoc on shoulders so you young fucks should try to train yourself to sleep on your back if possible or already cant.

this old dog should learn that new trick :P i read that is the best way for a human to sleep

James

Staff member
on my stomach usually a little to one side or the other with one arm down and one arm up and under my head and pillow. it wrecks havoc on shoulders so you young fucks should try to train yourself to sleep on your back if possible or already cant.

this old dog should learn that new trick :P i read that is the best way for a human to sleep
I've been trying to sleep more on my back because I also have bad sleeping habits. I used to sleep a lot on the bad shoulder side, which only made things worse. I now sleep in one of the 3 positions on the right, or a variation of them. Usually one arm over the head and the other at the side, this is while laying on either the stomach or back. :lol:

_39343154_sleeping_416.gif

Since I crashed in Vegas during January of 2011 my shoulder has never been the same. Its been dislocated a total of 3 times since then, 2 in wrestling, and 1 being a dumbass jumping off a high dive :roll eyes: After the last time it got dislocated I went and got some x-rays taken and the results came back indicating a torn labrum, the doctor tested my shoulder and told me that its more than likely a torn labrum, but it can most likely be fixed by arthoscopic surgery. I have an appointment for an MRI the wednesday after I get back from Vegas. Ready to get it done!! Anyone els have the same thing done recently?
CDA and Rack I both believe have had the surgery, CDA most recently. Ping him.:thumb:

I've been trying to sleep more on my back because I also have bad sleeping habits. I used to sleep a lot on the bad shoulder side, which only made things worse. I now sleep in one of the 3 positions on the right, or a variation of them. Usually one arm over the head and the other at the side, this is while laying on either the stomach or back. :lol:

_39343154_sleeping_416.gif
By yourself or with your significant other?:devil:

I have had both Labrums operated on. Do the MRI, it is the only true way to know if it is the Labrum and where the tear is. I'm an old sum bitch and I went 20 plus years before mine finally gave out. And when they give out, it was super pain full. The first one gave out on a business trip in China and I could not shave or open doors with my right arm. They second one went out while helping a friend move and it tore the labrum on the Bicep muscle. That one parked me for T-Day a couple years ago. The first one kept me off the bike for 3 months and the second a little longer.

Trav - I would not wait and have it checked. If you are going to be racing or getting faster, you could risk more injury or like my second one on the Bicep tendon, you could have it go and take a huge dirt nap. My doctor told me he could fix anything but the brain.

I have had both Labrums operated on. Do the MRI, it is the only true way to know if it is the Labrum and where the tear is. I'm an old sum bitch and I went 20 plus years before mine finally gave out. And when they give out, it was super pain full. The first one gave out on a business trip in China and I could not shave or open doors with my right arm. They second one went out while helping a friend move and it tore the labrum on the Bicep muscle. That one parked me for T-Day a couple years ago. The first one kept me off the bike for 3 months and the second a little longer.

Trav - I would not wait and have it checked. If you are going to be racing or getting faster, you could risk more injury or like my second one on the Bicep tendon, you could have it go and take a huge dirt nap. My doctor told me he could fix anything but the brain.
i did and the dr said i should hold out on surgery and if its something i could just live with then i should.

Ive had my left shoulder done two times, first worked for 20 yrs til it popped out again one day. Got it done again by the guy who is supposed to be the expert in the Cen Call area. Was great for a year and one day went bad on me, didnt pop out or have a specific injury, just went bad. Not going to fix it till it pops out again or gets worse. I will say that after the surgery the phys therapy is the key to getting range of motion back. I had my other shoulder fixed in 1974 out of high school. No therapy back then. It is still tight, but with limited range, but it never came out again.