Top end rebuild pricing.....

So I have seen some people saying they can rebuild their top end for a 2t for $50-$60. Where the hell are they finding top end kits that cheap? Cheapest I have found is around $120. This is for a 2003 Cr250 BTW.

Not sure who is saying 50 to 60 but that may be for a piston alone off ebay. Put a gaskit kit, wrist pin, wrist pin bearing, and anit-freeze...you close to 200 if you have to replate add another 200. That's here on the main land. Not sure what the prices are there. Still WAY cheaper than a 4-joke :stirthepot:

201 top end on my 94ish RM250.... Replate is close to 250 after shipping.If it don't need any work done to it, And you send it with no studs.

SRAD97750

Staff member
My brothers KDX200 is getting a top end right now, $155 shipped.
The WR500 was roughly $160 shipped
My dad's YZ250 will be $160 shipped
All 3 include Piston kit, topend gasket set, and wrist pin bearing.

Be SURE to replace the wrist pin bearing. It is typically not included in any top end kit :noidea:. Usually bought separate.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

View attachment 19265
The original equipment manufacturer has spent countless time and money researching the best application for each individual machine.
IF your bike has a steel sleeved cylinder, then that's the optimal composition for your bike's cylinder.
IF your bike has a Nikasil coated cylinder, then that's the optimal composition for your bike's cylinder.

On topic,
My brothers KDX200 is getting a top end right now, $155 shipped.
The WR500 was roughly $160 shipped
My dad's YZ250 will be $160 shipped
All 3 include Piston kit, topend gasket set, and wrist pin bearing.

Be SURE to replace the wrist pin bearing. It is typically not included in any top end kit :noidea:. Usually bought separate.
-BIG DAN:thumb:
Pretty sure both bikes in question, palmers and this Cr250 come factory with nickasil :thumb: tell Jackie chan to STFU :prof: we ain't talking about an early 90's bike here.

Why price all these after market parts and not oem:noidea: I am sure the factory has spent countless hours testing and ensuring that the best product is what they use and what they put in the bike. So why would you put anything but oem in it?