To crash or not to crash....that is the question

so......I've got an ongoing argument with one of my kids as to what defines a crash, I kinda figure it's something that is pretty violent and knocks your dick in the dirt, like doing the superman into a clay bank, a head on with a 4 wheeler, or just your classic flying W Bubba dismount. But not just falling over.....even if it leaves a mark, falling over is not defined as crashing. So let's pull together here and straighten this misinformed child out.

I need to convice her she's
WRONG
WRONG
WRONG
WRONG!

They're called dirt naps. I say if you not on the pegs, you on the ground. As long as you're not hurt. I'm going to point and laugh and I'd expect the same from you.

Is a fender bender a crash in a car or does it require the car to have a certain amount of financial damage before you call it a crash?

Just falling over sounds like she isn't even moving which does not constitute a crash. There are dirt naps and then there are the gnarly dirt naps which most of us do not like to think about. Crashing is a difficult word to work with.

Just falling over sounds like she isn't even moving which does not constitute a crash. There are dirt naps and then there are the gnarly dirt naps which most of us do not like to think about. Crashing is a difficult word to work with.

Well for instance I fell at maybe 30-40 mph last year, bike went out from under me and I fell, she thinks that's a crash I say I fell over, now that one did hurt but it wasn't a crash.

there are get offs and there are crashes. get offs to me don't qualify as crashes. like you said crashes are violent, usually having broken bike parts and or broken body parts. This is a big thing with us hillclimbers. get offs or failing to make the hill aren't crashes, just failed attempts. Crashing is having your bike tumble all the way down the hill or being smashed by your machine. I think if you are in control of your bike and body it is not a crash. being violently out of control is a crash

Anything done at speed and possibly involves an impact, whether it be the ground or another object should be considered a crash. If at any time the bike is separated from your body then that is a crash. Falling over in a turn, or losing your balance should be considered a tip over or a dump.