tire question

I am new to the while dirt bike thing so excuse my ignorance. I have a Dunlop 120/90-19. I am looking for a rear tire. I'm not into the motocross racing at this time. I need a tire for trail ridding. I'm wanting to keep the price low. Anyway I'm looking at the artrax sr 1 or artrax sr 3. Also when I was on motosport.com it is saying that my bike 2001 yz125 tire size is 100/90-19 what is the difference?

I am new to the while dirt bike thing so excuse my ignorance. I have a Dunlop 120/90-19. I am looking for a rear tire. I'm not into the motocross racing at this time. I need a tire for trail ridding. I'm wanting to keep the price low. Anyway I'm looking at the artrax sr 1 or artrax sr 3. Also when I was on motosport.com it is saying that my bike 2001 yz125 tire size is 100/90-19 what is the difference?
120/90 100/90 is the width to sidewall height ratio.

Try RMATV/MC, or even Denis kirk.com for tires, good prices. I run the Maxis tires on our bikes for desert/mountain trails

Any maxis in particular?.....I ran one on the rear of my RM once,can't remember if it was the SI or IT, but it threw the knobs off rapidly. I havnt gone back to them since.

SRAD97750

Staff member
SI and IT Desert are amazing pieces of rubber. The IT lasts particularly long, even in the rocks.

I am running the Pirelli Scorpion Pro FIM on the 500 and they are very good. These have been romped through rocks and high speed desert for over 60 hours, and will last another 20 before I'm unhappy.
-BIG DAN:thumb:

Need to check the date codes when you buy sickle tires. Old tires pop up for scooters more often then tires for cars.

good idea, however i usually order mine thru the local parts store i use here. usually they dont have the brand model and size tire i need in stock to check the date codes....we probably dont have the selection of local parts shops like you guys have down there in the land of fruits and nuts.

good idea, however i usually order mine thru the local parts store i use here. usually they dont have the brand model and size tire i need in stock to check the date codes....we probably dont have the selection of local parts shops like you guys have down there in the land of fruits and nuts.

You are master of your position. Go ahead and live in the dark half the year.

I have to order the tires I want online also. There was an occasion I got a five and a half year old front. I contacted customer service, and arranged a return. All this will go a lot quicker for me, since I have UPS really close, might be a pain for you, with checking dog sled schedules for incoming and outgoing packages, and so on and so forth.

I have to order the tires I want online also. There was an occasion I got a five and a half year old front. I contacted customer service, and arranged a return. All this will go a lot quicker for me, since I have UPS really close, might be a pain for you, with checking dog sled schedules for incoming and outgoing packages, and so on and so forth.

thats the problem, not enough snow even for the dog sleds this winter

I like the regular Maxxis IT, rather than the desert IT...I believe it is a more all around tire and sidewalls flex more for the mountain riding traction. They last very well. The desert version has a stiffer sidewall and may help reduce flats tho. The SI is a soft terrain tire, more for wet or sand.

You should start a thread on tire codes so all of us nonconforming members will be "in the know". :thumb: