Timo's Christmas / New Years Thread

So, thanks to AQMD/Carb, the oldest oven at werk needed a LoNox burner upgrade before the first of the year. The contractor was lined up, and with it usually being slow over the holidays, it was decided that Timo would have to help getter done, and everything up ASAP. Any fun/Dez camping & riding would have to wait until then.

So the weekend before Xmas, Timo started the 12-14 hour days, 7 per week. :faint:

The inside of said oven.
New Years2014 001.JPG
The new burner, and valve train.
New Years2014 002.JPG
The inside of the new burner box, with the 2 new blowers.
New Years2014 003.JPG
:devil:
New Years2014 004.JPG

New Years2014 005.JPG
The redone control panel.
New Years2014 025.JPG

New Years2014 026.JPG

More to come...

being that i dabled in electrical work building pools and wiring up equipment seeing wires like that always drives me nuts. it really doesnt take that much more effort to 90 those wires and make it look clean. i know it will work and gets the job done its just always been a pride in my work thing.

being that i dabled in electrical work building pools and wiring up equipment seeing wires like that always drives me nuts. it really doesnt take that much more effort to 90 those wires and make it look clean. i know it will work and gets the job done its just always been a pride in my work thing.
Uh, oh....
:devil:

dont get me wrong if it wors it works ... its just how i was trained. the company i worked for was a stickler about it so i gained a OCD about it. big difference between the two industrys tho im guessing... for a pool company if that person calls another company for repairs and the wires look like a rats nest its very easy for them to make our company look bad.

After a couple 80 hour weeks, the oven was done Tuesday the 7th, and Timo loaded up the rig, picked up Rolls, but before we got on the freeway, dumbass, not paying attention stupid Timo hit a curb, and took out a trailer rim. After checking around, I found out that when I builtthe trailer, I used the rims that came with it. The problem was they were custom reversed wheels, and a normal rim wasn't going to work. At this point, the trip was shelled, and the next morning, we hit Johnson Valley.
We staged at Anderson, and was the only one there.
New Years2014 007.JPG We meandered around, and found this cool spot for a rest.
New Years2014 008.JPG
There was even wood if you should happen to want a fire.
New Years2014 009.JPG
Walking around, it looked like if you wanted in, the front door would be a cake walk. A deadbolt would be a great upgrade here.:picard:
New Years2014 012.JPG
I like the bullet hole.
New Years2014 013.JPG
There was also this drag mark right off the front door.
New Years2014 014.JPG
I have my guess of what it was.
New Years2014 015.JPG
After the rest stop, we headed North to find some JV singletrack.

As you can see, there is none there.
New Years2014 017.JPG
Poachable Wilderness in the distance.
New Years2014 018.JPG
We'll hit that at a later date.
New Years2014 019.JPG

More to come...

You should have seen it before.:picard:x2

So on Friday, with the fun behind me, I unloaded the trees, and wood.

New Years2014 022.JPG

Put the trailer up, and stripped her down.

New Years2014 023.JPG
I got one side all cut out, and ready to start fitting the new parts.
New Years2014 027.JPG New Years2014 028.JPG

I've got wheels, and tires that will be here Tuesday, and tomorrow I'll go by the trailer supply house, and see what springs, axles, and fenders will set me back. Oh did I say Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all my DBA Brethren.:cheers:

So on Friday, with the fun behind me, I unloaded the trees, and wood.

View attachment 19603

Put the trailer up, and stripped her down.

View attachment 19604
I got one side all cut out, and ready to start fitting the new parts.
View attachment 19606 View attachment 19607

I've got wheels, and tires that will be here Tuesday, and tomorrow I'll go by the trailer supply house, and see what springs, axles, and fenders will set me back. Oh did I say Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year to all my DBA Brethren.:cheers:
the stuff you are able to do on your own is of epic proportions. I cant even imagine what i would be paying someone if that happened to me with my current garage and driveway space. shits prolly easy peazy for you but a project like that is impressive to me buddy.

and rack... i got my :popcorn: ready :lol:

Next time bring your own Beer and energy bar.

Is the bullet hole something new or has that been there a while?

They were mine, and we hauled all our trash out. I've not payed much attention, so I'm not sure about the hole.

Last edited: