Time to buy a buddy bike

Alright yall, looks like I'm in the market for a rut railer or the 2 stroke line. My buddy's paps called me up yesterday selling a 89 KX250 asking $500. It needs a new chain/rear sprocket, carb tuning and looks like a new side panel, but the bike starts, idles and runs so I've heard. I'm offering $300 and not a cent more as soon as my pay check comes in, if it doesn't work, I might find another bike to put it in to :thumb: Here it is, disc brakes, fluid cooled.

391.jpg

Save 150ish bucks minimum for a top end(assuming it don't need honed)...

Otherwise have fun Ray! Maybe the smoker power will win you over:smirk:

buy it, dump 5 bills into it and hold on.... it will out perform that yammi with proper set up :thumb:

:prof: not that the yammi is a bad bike, its a GREAT bike, but the 89 kawi was a wrecking ball in the moto world...... It was just housing bitches yo!

With a nearly 25 year old bike you are usually trading time for cash. Do yourself a favor and replace the crank seals. They are cheap and bad ones can leak air and easily lead to a lean seizure, Plan on going through every bearing in the linkage, swingarm, and steering head.

Alright yall, looks like I'm in the market for a rut railer or the 2 stroke line. My buddy's paps called me up yesterday selling a 89 KX250 asking $500. It needs a new chain/rear sprocket, carb tuning and looks like a new side panel, but the bike starts, idles and runs so I've heard. I'm offering $300 and not a cent more as soon as my pay check comes in, if it doesn't work, I might find another bike to put it in to :thumb: Here it is, disc brakes, fluid cooled.

View attachment 8457
You sure that is an 89. It has the wrong seat, wrong gas tank, motor is black and the frame looks silver. Motor should be silver, frame green and the tank is smaller up by the filler. I'm going with an 86.

You sure that is an 89. It has the wrong seat, wrong gas tank, motor is black and the frame looks silver. Motor should be silver, frame green and the tank is smaller up by the filler. I'm going with an 86.

I was thinking 87-88 but you may be right CDA...

86kx
149837402_d6a3dae2f0.jpg

88kx2fiddy
KX250%20KAWASAKI%201988.jpg

buy it, dump 5 bills into it and hold on.... it will out perform that yammi with proper set up :thumb:

:prof: not that the yammi is a bad bike, its a GREAT bike, but the 89 kawi was a wrecking ball in the moto world...... It was just housing bitches yo!
Not to disrespect your opinion concerning bomber bikes, but I have little faith this thing would be competitive for anyone not in bomber, or 40+, I'd add womens in there too, but there are some fast ladies out there. I will stick to my 09 250F, as it is right were I like it, shooting down most the 250 smokers in my class, new and old.

With a nearly 25 year old bike you are usually trading time for cash. Do yourself a favor and replace the crank seals. They are cheap and bad ones can leak air and easily lead to a lean seizure, Plan on going through every bearing in the linkage, swingarm, and steering head.
That is the plans :thumb: I will rip it down, check all the bearing and replace gaskets, with heavier suspension oil and a new top end at the end of the year (if this one proves worthy for a few more practices)

Your ditching the neck brace, buying a "vintage" bike, and its a 2 smoke? WHO ARE YOU
:picard:
No excuse to ditch the neck brace...
I only wear the brace for one reason, I don't wear it, I can't ride.