This bike.

Do you spot anything wrong with this 13.5 450sxf, just by looking at the pictures? I got offered to buy this for 6.9k, and was wondering if it was worth it. I don't not know the guy, and I am not very advanced in buying used bikes. He claims that it hasn't been ridden on the current suspension and the bike is practically brand new.

2014111895140046.jpg 2014111895140136.jpg 2014111895140211.jpg 2014111895140217.jpg

Did he have an Hour Meter on it from day one? Is there an HM?
Like ossagp said, is the bike close enough to go check out?
New suspension set up for your weight, his, or are you both the same?
Is that what the bike is worth?
Left, Right, new tires... Check!
What about the rest of the bike?

The bike is about 4-5 hours away, so I'd say it's not close enough for me to check it out. I'll check with him about that hour meter, but I don't think it has had one. The suspension was never ridden on or broken in he said so I don't need to worry about the weight or height of it (didn't really understand that). The bike is about 3 grand more new, it's factory edition '13. I can maybe ask for indepth pictures of the bike?

New suspension not broken in, never rode bike, what's that? Suspension has a minimal break in period, motor has a break in period too. New and/or re-done suspension is "set up" for rider weight and what type of riding. That's what I was asking. Not broke in sound like a fish story.
But yah, I wouldn't drive that far.

New suspension not broken in, never rode bike, what's that? Suspension has a minimal break in period, motor has a break in period too. New and/or re-done suspension is "set up" for rider weight and what type of riding. That's what I was asking. Not broke in sound like a fish story.
But yah, I wouldn't drive that far.
Yeah, I am going to ask him again what he meant by the suspension. He is also going to send me close up pictures of the bike.

The bike is about 4-5 hours away, so I'd say it's not close enough for me to check it out. I'll check with him about that hour meter, but I don't think it has had one. The suspension was never ridden on or broken in he said so I don't need to worry about the weight or height of it (didn't really understand that). The bike is about 3 grand more new, it's factory edition '13. I can maybe ask for indepth pictures of the bike?

I ignore hour meters unless I dont know how to check the "see if he is lying about when he put it on" mode. Useless to me since i like to think i can tell what i am looking at. (how could it be bad, it only has 1.7 hours on those main bearings. mister you are nuts!!) Too much money for me to gamble on with a picture and a reading. Maybe a shop in that area contacted by YOU to check it out would make more sense before you take the trip. (I am always suspect of hot deals that arent bought by someone closer who knows the bike.)

None if this means that isnt a deal, but since you are probably as short on mechanical experience as you are on riding experience you may want to look elsewhere for less money, less complications, and more peace of mind. Or you just bite the bag and take a mechanic with you and do a 10 hour round trip. It could be fun!

This is what he said when I asked what he meant about the suspension.

"Its new meaning off the showroom floor new. It hasnt ever been detailed to a personal weight. I use ohlins on my bikes.so i never use the stock stuff. This is my ohlins pic"IMG951332.jpg

it might make you feel better, but to me there wouldnt be any amount of pics that would make me send a deposit. make the trip and decide would be my advice or find something close enough to go examine easily