Thinking about changing out the gearing on my bike

Most of you know I rarely get out of 2nd gear. I am currently running 10/60. What do you think would be the ideal gearing for trail riding?

Looking for more low end grunt...............:smirk:...is that actually possible? Do they have a 5 tooth C'sprocket? You may want to consider a diesel...:prof:

I'm thinking with your current gearing you should be able to climb trees and pull out stumps...even dredge the local stream.......:devil:

10/60??????? :shocked:
This is a KTM motorcycle and not a KTM bulldozer or something is it?

Speedway bike maybe???...RACK, does your bike have brakes? Do you tend to stand on your right peg a lot with your left foot on the ground sliding the bike sideways always turning left???? :crazy:........:smirk:

James

Staff member
10/60??????? :shocked:
This is a KTM motorcycle and not a KTM bulldozer or something is it?
:lol: Exactly what I was thinking, I compared his gearing to what I'm currently running (13/47) and his has about 40% more torque (providing I put a 10/60 setup on my bike). :shocked:

:lol: Exactly what I was thinking, I compared his gearing to what I'm currently running (13/47) and his has about 40% more torque (providing I put a 10/60 setup on my bike). :shocked:

A 60 tooth rear sprocket is about the size of the rim isn't it...:smirk:....:P

Here is what I am running on the rear now. And you guys thought I was kidding when I said I never get out of second gear :picard:

Looking%20forward%20to%20seeing%20it%20in%20real%20time.
f_501597.jpg

:devil:

You sure got them all going Rack. :lol: However, with your 10 / 60 gearing your top speed in 6th gear would be like a normally geared 2nd gear I am thinking. :thinking:

You're right, it'd be like a semi truck going thru all the gears and going only 20 mph...

FYI, the c'sprock in the pic has 12 teeth...no time or eyes to count the other...:rolleyes: