The trouble with the NFL, imput welcome...

Just a fun thread. I have noticed America's favorite sport is getting lame! I miss the 90's back foot ball seasons! John Madden, and a full time Terry Bradshaw being anouncers, and keeping the sport interesting! Now its all about politics<keep it off the field! How much these dudes get paid, and just all over lame-ness! If you have any thing to add to this post, and no thread jacking, feel free to jump in with NFL related topics! Ill give you a thumbs up! Or if ya' is funny ill lol, with the best of them! CMON' NFL end this lame ness, and get back to the good old days of fun!terry_20100126215949_0_0.jpg <One heck-uv-a guy!

SRAD97750

Staff member
I was a big fan of Jerry Rice and Steve Young football when I was younger.
Still 4 quarters, still a line of scrimmage. If you watch football for football, that's exactly what you get.
If you watch it for the drama, that's what you'll get. Just like in real life.
Put it on mute if the "football-man-no-stand-up" bothers you. -BIG DAN:thumb:

Still 4 quarters, still a line of scrimmage. If you watch football for football, that's exactly what you get.

I did watch football for football....however they now make it to pretty much illegal to tackle, fumble rulings and late hits are under the microscope at ultra slo mo video review, heck, either its a fumble or it isn't. if they just lined up and played like they did when I watched from the 70's thru the late 90's, I'd be ok with the NFL.

Yeup, I think my mute button is worn to a worn knobby nub, lol! San fran vs Dallas a classic to watch! Joe Montan was the best!

My biggest complaint has got to be instant replay challenge. It sounded like a good thing at first. A chance to correct bad calls? Hell yeah!
But, no. It takes too long and interrupts the flow of the game. And we still bitch about the calls anyway.
#doawaywithreplay :rocker:

My biggest complaint has got to be instant replay challenge. It sounded like a good thing at first. A chance to correct bad calls? Hell yeah!
But, no. It takes too long and interrupts the flow of the game. And we still bitch about the calls anyway.
#doawaywithreplay :rocker:
I think back in the day the I.R. was helpful, but now It truly does make the game less interesting....

I did watch football for football....however they now make it to pretty much illegal to tackle, fumble rulings and late hits are under the microscope at ultra slo mo video review, heck, either its a fumble or it isn't. if they just lined up and played like they did when I watched from the 70's thru the late 90's, I'd be ok with the NFL.
Hear, Hear!