The Metal Fabrication and Builds Thread

Post pictures and show off some of your work, ideas, etc.

Welding, bending, cutting, :blah:

Here's one project I'm doing. I'm building a barstool racer. I had a nice Miller welding stool that I was going to use...but unfortunately, someone got too close to it with a plasma cutter - sparks at + Hot as Hell degrees Farenheit - cardboard box full of bearings, parts, and that expensive stool = :banghead:

Anyways. The frame is just about done. Here's the general layout. Untacked.

barstoolracerframeA.jpg

And here she is coming along. Motor mounted and tacked up. Dont mind that plate just sitting there..

barstoolracermotorA.jpg

I tell you what though, it'd be nice if we could get our CNC plasma working right!

Last thing metal wise i actually made... Was this jewel

0325012358.jpg

0328012233.jpg

I made it to hook chains while i'm wenching cars onto a trailer on one of the trailers i have... Makes the job go so much smoother...

Also makes a decent step... I think i cleaned the metal off the rins... But not the hitch :smirk: Then kentucky-powdercoated it :wink:

They are tough as nails.. Can loop a chain around and in and out and 9kinds of hell.. So when you are pulling someone out it just ain't around the ball.

I made it to hook chains while i'm wenching cars onto a trailer on one of the trailers i have... Makes the job go so much smoother...

Also makes a decent step... I think i cleaned the metal off the rins... But not the hitch :smirk: Then kentucky-powdercoated it :wink:

They are tough as nails.. Can loop a chain around and in and out and 9kinds of hell.. So when you are pulling someone out it just ain't around the ball.

WTF is that :foul:

WTF is that :foul:

I'm thinking spray painted it! :prof:.... :noidea:

Lets see, MX stand, Kawie Logo, Inn table with a waterfall in it, Misc sleeves on my bike, and a bunch of others
Theres a couple of the stand
Don't have pictures of the rest
I am also currently making a downhill drift trike and a hitch for the ranger :D

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMGA0620.JPG
    IMGA0620.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGA0621.JPG
    IMGA0621.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMGA0622.JPG
    IMGA0622.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 20
could you make me a stand? that think looks sweet :thumb: how much would you want? you should drill a hole for draining oil.. and they sell rubber (different styles too) at lowes, home depot, etc..

Yeah i thought about producing a couple of them and making a hole for the oil. I didn't know they sold rubber at lowes like that, my shop teacher made one for his too (we ride together :smirk:) and he just cut up a floor mat. I used some rubber undercoating on the top of mine. It would be like 40$ bucks if i were to make them though

Yeah i thought about producing a couple of them and making a hole for the oil. I didn't know they sold rubber at lowes like that, my shop teacher made one for his too (we ride together :smirk:) and he just cut up a floor mat. I used some rubber undercoating on the top of mine. It would be like 40$ bucks if i were to make them though
could you maKe it by crowcanyon?? and how much for one for a 50cc? Theres a bbr mini stand at west hills Honda in moon.. ill grab a couple measurements and you can get me a price on that :thumb: I think both of my brothers might want one too....