the feeling of going fast...

Hey guys, i don't know how many of you switch off between bike sizes but I'm thinking that i need to run something smaller. I started on the 99 WR400 that i still have and then bumped up to the 07 WR450 that i sold after 3 years. A while back when i still had the 07 i hopped on a buddies ktm 250f and made a few laps at the mx track, when i got back on my 450 i noticed i was a lot faster because i was on the throttle more like with the 250. I'm racing the Grand Prix series next year and will probably be on the 99 but do you guys think that starting over again on a smaller bike 250/250f would make me a better racer with a bigger bike later on?

I think you should go with the 300 like you had mentioned a while back. It will put you in between the 250 and 450 and make you an even BETTER rider :thumb:

:ride:
Theres a few out there at the races for sale... i'm looking old school still though in the $2k range. The only 2T i've ridden for more than a mile is was a kx500 and i couldn't stand not having compression braking but then again entering corners is my #1 down fall. Always afraid to blow through the berm :bonk:

Back in the day when I was a competitive trail rider (:smirk:), started out on a CR500 for a few years. I found that I eventually peaked and was looking to improve my skills to allow me to go faster. With that, I dropped to a 250 and found that I was much faster as I could hang it out longer and throw it around more. I go to a point where I had peaked again and was getting smoked across the valleys by 500s. I than jumped back up to the 500 and noticed that I kept the improvements I gained on the 250 and carried that to the 500, but now I was making the passes on the open sections or not getting passed. I currently have 3 different size bikes to jump back and forth on (250 2T, 450 & Modded TTR) and I find I have a great time jumping back on the 250 2T as I can ring that thing out.

Hope this helps..:ride:

back in my day I rode a XR80, now I ride a RM250 and I find that I am about the same speed. I think it has to with the amount of balls you have between your legs that drives the speed you want to go :smirk:

No, I believe onelugnut was the one selling it. Mine is just a 250 and not for sale.
oh ok thanks, i'll see if i can track it down.

Thanks for the help with what i should be on to make me faster guys, it looks like the 400 will be it for a while but hopefully i can jump down to a smaller bike in the future

oh ok thanks, i'll see if i can track it down.

Thanks for the help with what i should be on to make me faster guys, it looks like the 400 will be it for a while but hopefully i can jump down to a smaller bike in the future
Lugnut lives just up the road from you. He has not been on here in a longtime as I think he is out of the riding scene now.

I used to ride a Taco 44 then went up to a Kawi 125. Man could I haul ass on that thing. :banana: You guys probably don't even know what a Taco 44 is. :thinking:

A wise and somewhat intoxicated man once told me : You are ready for a faster bike when you stop using the brakes for the turns...... It made me appreciate my own abilities to make a smaller bike go faster...

I just wish I had maintained it better:smirk: