The Eight Dollar Fender Pack

I use one that is about twice the size and costs $10 at WalMart. The best part is the plastic piece from the OEM fits right in. It holds my rebuild the bike on the side of the trail tool kit and a tube.

They don't last very long, but at $10 I just replace it every year.

SRAD97750

Staff member
I love it. I'm going to do this for the front fender. Just a little tweaking and it'll mount nicely. THANKS!!! -BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750;46882:
I love it. I'm going to do this for the front fender. Just a little tweaking and it'll mount nicely. THANKS!!! -BIG DAN:thumb:

id rethink the front fender... i got a bag for my front fender and its too heavy. makes my front fender rub my tire sometimes

Weathergeek;46877:
I have a Chase-Harper and it has lasted nearly 3 years. My son says it's gay though.:smirk:

They are pricey, but they come with an unconditional guarantee. When it gets thrashed send it in for a new one. I have some Chase Harper saddle bags and they have replaced them twice.

James

Staff member
SRAD97750;46882:
I'm going to do this for the front fender.
I'm with Trav on this, especially if you're going to add some weight to it. I'd think that it would screw up the handling some. :noidea:

SRAD97750

Staff member
I've seen 100 guys with a front fender pack. Mounted close enough to my light there will be NO movment. I'ts been said before, "unsprung weight is for people who are good." Besides, I'm not going to put anything HEAVY in it, maybe my co2s, an overshirt, small screwdrivers.

MSGRETIRED has a front fender pack in all of his videos... Also, Dave Wood rolls with a front fender pack. Now I'm going to have 2 packs and less in my backpack! Which seems like the kind of unsprung weight savings I want. -BIG DAN:thumb:

SRAD97750;46911:
I've seen 100 guys with a front fender pack. Mounted close enough to my light there will be NO movment. I'ts been said before, "unsprung weight is for people who are good." Besides, I'm not going to put anything HEAVY in it, maybe my co2s, an overshirt, small screwdrivers.

MSGRETIRED has a front fender pack in all of his videos... Also, Dave Wood rolls with a front fender pack. Now I'm going to have 2 packs and less in my backpack! Which seems like the kind of unsprung weight savings I want. -BIG DAN:thumb:

yea you can definitely keep it light. I put all the tools i think i might need in mine tho... and it rubs when i hit whoops or jump. it dont effect my handling one bit... its just annoying to hear the BRRRRRRPPPPP rubbing noise when it hits.

Front packs work great as long as it's light. Low profile is important as well if you need to ride at night so it doesn't block the headlight.

I don't run one because my XR is way too front heavy as it is. Front mounted weight is not a good thing as far as handling in deep sand is concerned.

I sometimes run a MSR front fender pack that is only big enough for a tube. And Im not sure why because I probably would take 2 days to try and change a tire. But it least Im carry some of what I should have. It just depends whom Im riding with. It has clamps to tighten the straps down and around the fender but it doesnt work well. I even tried duct taping it on top of the clamps and that didnt work either. Last trip to baja where I always run it I had these small bungy straps on top of the clamps. That seems to work best. Knot them so they are nice and tight. There is a lot of vibration on those front fenders.

I sometimes use fanny packs. I have 3 different sizes and they are ALL GAY!:lol: