The 450 shoot out! With Beta!

got to justify that new bike one way or another.

DBA's own mike was in on the review
Michael Martin – Age 17 - 6’4” – 185 lbs - AA - Honda
The Honda would be my first choice because I know it’s reliable and it would still be an excellent and competitive race bike. In the Tucson area, parts availability for a Honda is cake. The price is alright, but getting aftermarket parts for this bike is super easy to find and the prices are hard to beat. Plus I always have liked the color red.

I required the plate. If I could have plated a 2012 WR450 I would have one. The plate requirement pretty much narrowed it down to KTM, Husaburg, Husky or Beta.

Same here! And out of the line up of plated bike the Beta is the only one NOT FI. Been there, done that, and I think the right choice has been made. In this shoot out I was told by a reliable source that the Beta was actually an RS and that is why it was lower on power than the KTM and the suspension suffered a little. Not a bad choice because parts for these Italian Ferrari's are readily available no matter who thinks another brand is better to own. Mainstream is always going to have a bigger following.

Same here! And out of the line up of plated bike the Beta is the only one NOT FI. Been there, done that, and I think the right choice has been made. In this shoot out I was told by a reliable source that the Beta was actually an RS and that is why it was lower on power than the KTM and the suspension suffered a little. Not a bad choice because parts for these Italian Ferrari's are readily available no matter who thinks another brand is better to own. Mainstream is always going to have a bigger following.

If I may steal a line from Husky... "RIDE DIFFERENT" ... what's the other term used .... "SHEOPLE" :smirk: