Team orders

I usually think * is a bullshit deal, but this season is an exception imo. Points system needs to be reworked if you can win 9 races to the other guys 3 and lose the championship. Sure, Tomac crashed today, but losing his front brake at the beginning of the season was a matter of shit luck, since then he has dominated almost every race.

Dungey lost my respect when he made a big deal out of the Reed deal, IMO reed did what he should have, and as soon as Dungey was with in a bike length he moved over.

I agree we need to re work the points system so Eli can win a championship. Or would he fold like a house of cards in no matter what format he raced under once he was in spitting distance of the championships? As far as team orders, the word came down from above and moose can made the choice to follow them. I don't hold it against either Ryan or Marvin, I have lost some measure of respect however for Decoster.

Last edited:
I remember a few years back during the outdoor season, Dungey had a couple of fluke mechanicals during the season, broken chain and a mysterious no start issue before the gate drop that probably cost him the championship. But either way I suppose I'd have to say for just over half a season Tomac looked to have no equal, now if he could just put together a complete season.......

Last edited:

Team Player.... got to be that way.
Not many pro racing jobs out there especially ones that afford the opportunity to work with DeCoster.

I usually think * is a bullshit deal, but this season is an exception imo. Points system needs to be reworked if you can win 9 races to the other guys 3 and lose the championship. Sure, Tomac crashed today, but losing his front brake at the beginning of the season was a matter of shit luck, since then he has dominated almost every race.

Dungey lost my respect when he made a big deal out of the Reed deal, IMO reed did what he should have, and as soon as Dungey was with in a bike length he moved over.

When did Dungey make a big deal of it? The media made a big deal of it and it was the next weekend when you saw Dungey and Reed doing their track walk together.

RC had a couple of championship seasons of winning just a couple of races.

Tomac looked great and extremely and I mean extremely fast and almost untouchable but you also have to be consistent and on top of your mental game. Did he fall apart mentally? Maybe. He a winner for sure but is he champion material?
We shall see.

Yeah, we are going to fix everything and call it the "James Stewart Rule". Maybe just throw away the points system all together and just score it on who wins the most races. Then we can set out to make sure there is no advantage to having more than one rider on your race team and drop the money available for the racers a little further. That would FIX it!!

Tomacs worst finish iirc is a 12th. In that race he got gooned into and lost the rear brake. I understand the consistency thing, 5 points between 1st and 2nd would be a whole lot more enticement to win.

Team Player.... got to be that way.
Not many pro racing jobs out there especially ones that afford the opportunity to work with DeCoster.

When did Dungey make a big deal of it? The media made a big deal of it and it was the next weekend when you saw Dungey and Reed doing their track walk together.

RC had a couple of championship seasons of winning just a couple of races.

Tomac looked great and extremely and I mean extremely fast and almost untouchable but you also have to be consistent and on top of your mental game. Did he fall apart mentally? Maybe. He a winner for sure but is he champion material?
We shall see.
You must have missed the interview of the heat race before the whole blue flag thing where Reed raced him hard and he gave a speech about how he doesn't think Reed has any respect for what he's trying to do...

I did not see t
You must have missed the interview of the heat race before the whole blue flag thing where Reed raced him hard and he gave a speech about how he doesn't think Reed has any respect for what he's trying to do...

I did not see that. I will have to go back and watch it now.

judging by the fact that he's not on the front brake and no where near a jump, I think the air forks might have failed
18280738_124842654735214_570675287_n.png

Tomacs worst finish iirc is a 12th. In that race he got gooned into and lost the rear brake. I understand the consistency thing, 5 points between 1st and 2nd would be a whole lot more enticement to win.

It also makes it easier to have the series decided by easter. Not what I consider a good thing. A lot of this ends up being a moot point if Dungey loses 10 points in vegas or takes a third place to what will likely be Tomac's first place. Seeing mm ride like that makes me think that Decoster has a good base for a few years to come.