4 Stroke Sxf 450 supermoto

Hi all!!! I recently bought a 2007 ktm 450sxf that has been converted to a sumo! The problem is it doesnt really run good... payed 2k for a bike, has title ans everything, checked valves, checked carb jets and have been trying to adjust the air fuel screw... New spark plug etc. What it does is it starts completely randomly and then dies shortly after and also dies when given throttle, last time spark plug was out it was black in color... Any ideas?

Now , how do I get rid of it ??? Been suggested to take it to a Harley meet and use it for target practice ... already checked , scrapyard won't take it ... no hit's on Craigslist .... ......

You paid $2000 for a 12 year old bike that runs like shit?

What were the valve clearances?
What jets are in it vs stock/recommended?
Whats the compression?
Have you ever seen the bike run well?
How long since it ran well?
How old is the fuel?

We need a lot more info.

You paid $2000 for a 12 year old bike that runs like shit?

What were the valve clearances?
What jets are in it vs stock/recommended?
Whats the compression?
Have you ever seen the bike run well?
How long since it ran well?
How old is the fuel?

We need a lot more info.
Yeah, its was acctully a steal (to my area) i ended up fixing it by ajusting the cables as well as the air fuel screw... It has over 5k in supermoto mods and Is extreamly clean

Okay, if you say so.
You need to start with the basics.
Have you ever seen the bike rip, especially since you've owned it?
Just trying to get an idea of the engine compression...
It didnt rip at all when I got it... Now im able to do a power wheelie and dont even need clutch to pop it up

So it sounds like it runs pretty good.
What is your problem?
I ended up fixing it, was a combination of air-fuel screw as well as throttle cable tighteness... Its a good thing one person on this fourm is helpfull LOL... thanks for the tips though!

Glad you're up and running.
Its a good thing one person on this fourm is helpfull
There are a lot of really good peeps here, with a huge amount of knowledge, but many of us are older, and have jobs/kids/life that keep us from paying as much attention to this forum as we would like, especially during the summer months. We like too ride too ya know!

Anyway, dont be afraid to post here, but sometimes you gotta be patient.
And FWIW, this forum is a shit-ton quicker to reply than most of the Harley forums I'm in.

Just saying...

Glad you're up and running.

There are a lot of really good peeps here, with a huge amount of knowledge, but many of us are older, and have jobs/kids/life that keep us from paying as much attention to this forum as we would like, especially during the summer months. We like too ride too ya know!

Anyway, dont be afraid to post here, but sometimes you gotta be patient.
And FWIW, this forum is a shit-ton quicker to reply than most of the Harley forums I'm in.

Just saying...
Very good points! Didnt even think about that haha... Definitely from what Ive seen theres tons of guys like you that always chime in with usefull stuff but theres always those trolls lol, anyways thanks again haha

I worked on a kTm 350 once. That was enough. As soon as I saw the wood screws holding the shrouds on I knew it was a different animal. Not saying bad, just different.

Nope. It’s a DBA derail from here on out!

Harley forums and gay bars.. never been to one don’t plan to go. Can’t image what they do to a 1300cc motor to squeeze 55 hp out of it but they nailed it!