4 Stroke SXF 250 deeper sounding exhaust

Recent got a 11 model ktm 250 sxf with stock exhaust.

Want to try and make it sound deeper and more throaty. Any suggestions on exhaust mufflers or systems that would do this? Been looking at FMF but I don't know if they would do it!

Thanks

Recent got a 11 model ktm 250 sxf with stock exhaust.

Want to try and make it sound deeper and more throaty. Any suggestions on exhaust mufflers or systems that would do this? Been looking at FMF but I don't know if they would do it!

Thanks

Akropavic makes one. Fmf has some good stuff. I'm always looking for ways to make this thing quieter.

Also fela who I'm buying off doesn't know the hours on the engine. But he has bought it from dealership and stuff not ridden it much. Should I just start the engine on 10 hoirs

Should I just start the engine on 10 hoirs
Hardly.
It doesn't take long to rack up hours on a motor. I put an hour on a bike once just jetting and setting the float height.
Unless you just have no more room left in your bank account, skip buying a pipe just to change how it sounds. Take that rediculous exh system cash and have the valves checked and/or replaced...heck if I was buying it I'd have a top end done while I was at it.

Top end rebuild? Won't know we're to start. Can sort out air filter and change oil and filters. Wouldn't be able to to top end would have to take it somewere

I'd say taking it somewhere and having valve clearances checked would be a good idea, but that's just me. I like having a benchmark when buying a bike. Keeping a modern 4stoke in top running order is a better use of money than aftermarket exh. Just my opinion. Quite a common service and barring any surprises a kTm dealer should be able to quote you over the phone. Id guess most shops are right at $80 hr so and for $100 to know if you're at the bottom of tolerance will give you an idea of what and when to expect headwork.

Nah, like I said that's just me. For example I bought a used '10 cr250f rode it once, decided I liked it and put a crank piston all new valves and head. There. Brand new motor put my hour meter on at zero and know there is 0 hours on it. Doesn't mean it wouldn't have lasted anothe 100 hours but I like knowing the motor and how it is ridden. Did the same with the last 4 bikes I've owned. All bought used at a fraction of the cost of a new bike even with engine work.