Other Switching sprocket side

Hi I have a very old yamaha mx125 with no engine,I want to put a predator gokart engine in it and I may have to cut the existing mounts off( have not yet) the engine only fits if I put the gear thing on the right and the bike sprocket is on the left?? Any easy way to switch the side the bike sprocket is on?i will be trying to get the engine to fit the right way and have the the gear thing on the left

Hi I have a very old yamaha mx125 with no engine,I want to put a predator gokart engine in it and I may have to cut the existing mounts off( have not yet) the engine only fits if I put the gear thing on the right and the bike sprocket is on the left?? Any easy way to switch the side the bike sprocket is on?i will be trying to get the engine to fit the right way and have the the gear thing on the left

You'll have to put the engine in the bike facing backwards, kinda like an old Saab motor, then change the polarity of the ignition system to make the engine rotate in reverse, this can be done by installing a reverse flux neutron cancelling thrombulator diode. Of course after you've done this the gear thingy will be facing backwards, so you'll need to flip it forwards, but of course by doing this the gear selector will travel from high gear up to low gear, instead of first up thru whatever top gear is on this transmission......you are in luck though because there is an easy to install shift shaft reverse rotational tranny modulator available, Thru a simple series of pulleys, girdle springs and reverse fulcrum thrust pinions it will correct the action of the shift lever back to the traditional low up thru high gear motion. good luck with your project, and welcome to DBA.

Yeah see I was going to suggest the backwards engine with welded rigid front end with sprocketed front wheel then remove the rear wheel and attach a whole new front end to the rear mudguard frame and ride that Badboy backwards, :ride:an 87 cr250 front end is a great setup for the conversion :lol:
I too like Steve did not have the correct privileges to reply to this earlier so cracked a beer and headed to the hotties thread for some frustration relief rather than whining to a mod about it :cry::poke: @2strokesteve89 :moon::smirk:
Oh yeah and welcome to DBA!

Im going to the moon and I have already saved all of the balloons I need, but the problem is when I started to blow them up they didn't float they just kinda sat there and I got more lightheaded than usual and only got a few of them done. Does anyone know how I can blow them up faster I need to get going before my mom finds out I ate all of the dog poop

Im going to the moon and I have already saved all of the balloons I need, but the problem is when I started to blow them up they didn't float they just kinda sat there and I got more lightheaded than usual and only got a few of them done. Does anyone know how I can blow them up faster I need to get going before my mom finds out I ate all of the dog poop
Well crap! I would help you and even join you (without the dog poop eating of course) BUT...I'm flying to the sun on my home made rocket ship. And I figured to prevent from getting burned up as I land on the surface at 6 bazillion degrees, I'm flying and landing at night since the sun isn't on at that time. :prof:

Sorry Dude. It can all be done but unless you have serious troubleshooting and engineering skills plus the ability to fully describe exactly what you want to do with pictures we are of no use. You are better off selling the go cart motor and finding an mx100 motor. Or sell them both and get one bike with all the correct pieces and then we can really help you with that. :tits:

I am rather enjoying this thread!
I was going to recommend a jackshaft, but then I completely forgot about the reverse flux neutron cancelling thrombulator diode :doh:.
Installing one of those always does the trick for me, and I recommend the one made by Ford. Its the same as the one made by Predator and Yamaha, but at 1/2 the price. Sometimes I even put in two, just for good measure. Good luck.

Good to see that nothing changes !!! Flip the frame upside down , and flip the engine mount , turn the rear wheel to the other side , be sure to turn the tire around !!!