Suspension!

Ok its know doubt that i will save up and get suspension but i need to no how much it might be to get suspension.. and i dont want crappy suspension....... i dont know what the best brand is i "i dont like procircut" and also i dont no how much it would be :thinking:
I know NOTHING about suspension so im up to any offers lol thanks!:thumb:

James

Staff member
my suspension is fine for me and i love it i rode alot other bikes with stock suspension and my sag is set right i bleed the forks after every moto but i want AFTERMARKET because i rode my friends sx125 and he had KTMworld suspension and i obviously cant get that for my yamaha but when i rode it i felt like i was floating and i can go WWAAYY faster with it... if that helps hahaha

my suspension is fine for me and i love it i rode alot other bikes with stock suspension and my sag is set right i bleed the forks after every moto but i want AFTERMARKET because i rode my friends sx125 and he had KTMworld suspension and i obviously cant get that for my yamaha but when i rode it i felt like i was floating and i can go WWAAYY faster with it... if that helps hahaha
I can highly recommend this guy for suspension valving, he actually lives in my town, and is known for being one of the best in the region (especially for ktm)
http://lt-racing.com/

Ok its know doubt that i will save up and get suspension but i need to no how much it might be to get suspension.. and i dont want crappy suspension....... i dont know what the best brand is i "i dont like procircut" and also i dont no how much it would be :thinking:
I know NOTHING about suspension so im up to any offers lol thanks!:thumb:

most bikes come stock with suspension:thumb:

James

Staff member
You no what i mean lol. like yamaha has pretty good stock suspension but i wanna take it to the next level and no ones realy helping on this i just had two simple questions lol
I think you have the wrong idea on "suspension", you don't simply go buy better forks and shocks (unless you're loaded :bonk:), it's the revalve that changes your suspension. RG3 says it better then I can:

http://www.rg3suspension.com/revalve.htm
RG3:
Stock suspension is rarely set-up for your unique height, weight, skill level and type of riding. Whether you ride supercross, arenacross, motocross, supermoto, desert, GNCC, trail, enduro or hare scrambles, you are not getting the most performance out of your suspension unless it is set-up for the type of riding you do.

The wrong set-up results in either too harsh a ride or constant bottoming with unpredictability, less traction and cornering ability, lack of control and confidence in your bike.

This service includes all the work involved in a rebuild. Additionally we modify the internal dampening features to give you a customized set-up for your individual weight, ability, riding style and type of terrain encountered. Because our settings are individualized your support does not end at the time of delivery. We will work with you to make your revalve optimum for you with unlimited phone support and rework if needed.

For example Ivan Tedesco rode on stock suspension in last year's Supercross, however it was properly setup for him (revalve).

I know a couple of local guys that'll do a good job for the money, I can give you their info next time we go ride.

I think you have the wrong idea on "suspension", you don't simply go buy better forks and shocks (unless you're loaded :bonk:), it's the revalve that changes your suspension. RG3 says it better then I can:

http://www.rg3suspension.com/revalve.htm

For example Ivan Tedesco rode on stock suspension in last year's Supercross, however it was properly setup for him (revalve).

I know a couple of local guys that'll do a good job for the money, I can give you their info next time we go ride.
yeah ill defintly want that but like i rode chads bike with his aftermarket suspension and i just felt like i was floating where i rode myrons (which chad and myron are just as fast and myron might have 10 pounds on him) and his was revalved and like chads was wayy better myrons "revalved" was way worse than my untouched suspension:thinking::cry::panic:

James

Staff member
yeah ill defintly want that but like i rode chads bike with his aftermarket suspension and i just felt like i was floating where i rode myrons (which chad and myron are just as fast and myron might have 10 pounds on him) and his was revalved and like chads was wayy better
Chad didn't get new (aftermarket) suspension, his was just revalved.

myrons "revalved" was way worse than my untouched suspension:thinking::cry::panic:
That's because Myron's is setup for his weight and riding style, not yours.

BTW use some damn periods (punctuation) or something, it's hard to read your posts. :foul:

:lol: Nah Kyle's actually a pretty cool kid....well....most of the time. :P
haha well thanks and my religon doesnt belive in punctuation :P hahaha so anyways chad got aftermarket though cause he got it from ktm world its kinda like gytr for yamahas soo like i think its aftermarket but idk u no more than me:thumb: