suspension troubles

Ok guys I got the forks all done, now I'm working with the shock. I did pretty much step by step in manual and I'm down to getting the actual assembly with the piston rod out. And I don't know if its normally this hard to get out or if there needs to be a little nitrogen in there or not but I cannot get it out. I have it in a vise and tried wiggling and twisting it but no luck. Any one have any ideas or experience working with showa shocks?

I don't get myself involved in this type of work because I usually mess something up and end up taking it to the professional after all. :thinking:
Ok guys I got the forks all done, now I'm working with the shock. I did pretty much step by step in manual and I'm down to getting the actual assembly with the piston rod out. And I don't know if its normally this hard to get out or if there needs to be a little nitrogen in there or not but I cannot get it out. I have it in a vise and tried wiggling and twisting it but no luck. Any one have any ideas or experience working with showa shocks?

James

Staff member
Suspension is the one thing I always have a professional work on and I'm guessing that's how much guys are, you my wish to send Primal a PM. :thumb:

Only question I have is how are you going to get your shock re-pressurized with nitrogen?

Suspension is the one thing I always have a professional work on and I'm guessing that's how much guys are, you my wish to send Primal a PM. :thumb:

Only question I have is how are you going to get your shock re-pressurized with nitrogen?

Yeah I need to speak with him or D-K, but easy just take it to my local shop, and when you bleed the oil you can actually put air into the bladder, then release the air and take it to the shop to let them put the nitrogen in. It's all in the manual step by step, I don't think they could make it any easier lol, but really sometimes it can be a pain, and so far all the pain has been from what I want to say pressure built up. But everyone I've talked to said they had this same issue, so I'm going to lightly take a mallet to it today and see if it comes out then :thumb:

And done :thumb: got some anonymous help :devil: :lol: now tomorrow ill go get nitrogen put in and then put the spring on, adjust the preload, set the compression and rebound, then put on bike and finally set sag. And at last go test it out :ride:

Done :thumb: got my neighbor to take measurements, now my sag is complete. I might go riding tomorrow just depends on how the after prom party goes :smirk: