Sunstar Sprockets/Chains

primary drive sprockets for $30, then the chain of your choice. in the sunstar kit, you are getting a $50 chain, so $50 for the sprockets.

I have primary drive rear sprocket on my klx... It felt so cheap.. But its perfect... And has had alot of goon hours on it... I wouldn't be afrraid of the Primary drives again at all

Sunstar front sprockets on both bikes...I've used them alot in the passed... Never used there chains

I've used sunstart sprockets for the past 2 years.
my aluminum rear sprocket only got replaced because I replace them as a set. I had stretched a cheap rma chain out of safe specs and still had an aluminum rear sprocket looking like new.
sunstar is good stuff, just a bit pricey. Theres going to be people who disagree, but with chain and sprockets you get what you pay for.

I have nothing intelligent to add. But, I do run an aluminum sprocket on the rear but can not recall what brand. The chain is the gold one with O rings and that thing never needs to be adjusted and never has a tight spot it in. Front sprocket is steel and I can see the teeth beginning to hook ever so slightly but with all the miles on that set up I certainly have no gripes. I am anal about lubing my chain after every ride with good chain lube so maybe that does help out. Your welcome. :smirk:

The PD sprockets are fine, but stay away from the chains. I had two break in short order. In all my years of riding I've never had another chain break on me.

James

Staff member
The PD sprockets are fine, but stay away from the chains. I had two break in short order. In all my years of riding I've never had another chain break on me.
:thumb: A broken chain has potential to really ruin your day.

James, stock yamaha had a sunstar steel on my back and front and a DID chain I think. The chain was good but the sprockets i despised with a burning passion. They didn't catch well, they threw chains often and they were just a pain in the ass. Last time I went with all Renthal and really like what I have. No complaints so far, they are aluminum but have held up to par, better than my steel so far.
http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/RENTHAL-CHAIN-SPROCKET-KIT?ride=
008.jpg

I have nothing intelligent to add. But, I do run an aluminum sprocket on the rear but can not recall what brand. The chain is the gold one with O rings and that thing never needs to be adjusted and never has a tight spot it in. Front sprocket is steel and I can see the teeth beginning to hook ever so slightly but with all the miles on that set up I certainly have no gripes. I am anal about lubing my chain after every ride with good chain lube so maybe that does help out. Your welcome. :smirk:

I thought O ring chains didn't need lube, thought they were lubed internally and O ring kept the lube in it.