Studded tires?

Now I know most of you do not ride in the winter, but I know there's a few around here that do, Ive been looking at spikes for tires for a little bit now and found some good info on a nice set up, just wondering if it would be worth it, or would they all fall or rip out on the first couple of rides,
here are the screws im thinking about buying for the front tires http://www.mfgsupply.com/atv/atvstuds.html
I am still trying to track down the ones i want for the back, I want to make sure they will not rip out on the first ride
and a nice tutorial i found http://www.snowmobiletrails.com/moto/index.html

I'm not much of a snow rider(just don't like it, leave the snow to the sleds...). But I've heard time and time again if you're gonna stud them, get the correct studs(the ones in that article, front and back look like they should work perfect, so I'd go for them...) and run them all the way in. Obviously this means the screw tips will rub the tube, so I've always been told to find a old street bike tire, cut off the sides and line the inside of the dirt bike tire with it so the tubes protected from the tips. The thing I don't like about that article is it says to just run the studs in enough to plant the head, not to go through the knob which is a good way to lose studs within the first ride or 2. I also don't get why it says to cut the knobs... Well I guess in ice I can see that maybe the back studs would grip too well and eventually rip the knobs but in snow(which is what I'm guessing you want to ride) the more knob the better...

it says to cut the nobs so it doesnt rub on the plastic mud gaurd, and for the back ones in that article, havnt found a trace of them on the internet so far, but my search will continue....

it says to cut the nobs so it doesnt rub on the plastic mud gaurd, and for the back ones in that article, havnt found a trace of them on the internet so far, but my search will continue....

Ohh I didn't see that. If you really wanted to get the best traction you could just cut your mud guard a bit. Obviously it would only be for winter/snow riding then because otherwise in regular riding mud and shit would get up around your shock and engine worse. but yeah.

I looked for studs like them, and apparently snowmobiles now only use nail type... so I'd scan ebay..

and ive been creeping on the internet, i might just go with regular spikes for the back, but put them all the way through the tires and bolt them or whatever need be.then just put some stuff so it doesn't pop my tube

I have ridden in the snow before and I do not like it. Not sure how much those studs, screws will really help out but I would be interested to here the results.

and ive been creeping on the internet, i might just go with regular spikes for the back, but put them all the way through the tires and bolt them or whatever need be.then just put some stuff so it doesn't pop my tube

If you're snow riding I wouldn't use regular sled studs. cold cutters would give allot more grip, and I think the regular spikes for snowmobiles are more for ice or hard pack because the track is already good for snow...

Well, doing that the studs much more likely to come out and with just duck tape in front of it, with a good hit the tire would probably flex enough that nubs could still rub the tube and pop it.