Injured still learning - and falling

Hey ya'll. I have been riding a lot, learning as I go and have unfortunately hit a set back. Crashed going over a jump when my rear got loose and I didn't have time/experience to correct it. Needless to say I wen't flying while the bike flipped over me. I landed and rolled about 3 or 4 times. In the process I ripped my jersey, undershirt and compression shirt almost in half, took the metal off my boots by breaking 4 screws off. It was pretty gnarly all in all. I felt fine right after so I hopped back on not knowing my collar bone was broken lol. Adrenaline is amazing. So I rode for an hour more until the pain was too much. Going to be checking out my shoulder and spine. Now to heal. If I could I would be on it right now!!! So sad that I'm grounded *sniffle* :cry::banghead::pout:

i go for an MRI Tomorrow. 3 views so almost 3 hours. Wish me luck!

Dang!! Gives me flash backs to a couple of my crashes. Collar bones heal up good if only broken in one spot. Hard to sleep for a few days cuz it hurts when you lay down.

The most dangerous part next to driving there is unloading the bikes and gear.
Hey ya'll. I have been riding a lot, learning as I go and have unfortunately hit a set back. Crashed going over a jump when my rear got loose and I didn't have time/experience to correct it. Needless to say I wen't flying while the bike flipped over me. I landed and rolled about 3 or 4 times. In the process I ripped my jersey, undershirt and compression shirt almost in half, took the metal off my boots by breaking 4 screws off. It was pretty gnarly all in all. I felt fine right after so I hopped back on not knowing my collar bone was broken lol. Adrenaline is amazing. So I rode for an hour more until the pain was too much. Going to be checking out my shoulder and spine. Now to heal. If I could I would be on it right now!!! So sad that I'm grounded *sniffle* :cry::banghead::pout:

If I had any of my injuries to do over the one thing I learned is get a doctor who has a priority on getting you back to the same activity you got hurt doing, if that is your desire. Sports medicine can be lots different than a person who gardens for a hobby when a healing regimen is set up.

No worries girl, happens to the best of us. Heal up, Fix it up and start it up all over again. It's the nature of the sport and if your into it you'll never be able to stop!

View attachment 28098
Love the cartoon! Reminds me of something recently....I did a backwards flip off the bike on a hill climb. Crashed hard into a tree head first. Bike landed on top of me. Banged up pretty good. First thing I ask my husband is how the bike was. He looked at me like I'd lost my mind. LOL. :smirk:

Last edited:

Keep riding girl! I hope you heal quickly.

No worries girl, happens to the best of us. Heal up, Fix it up and start it up all over again. It's the nature of the sport and if your into it you'll never be able to stop!

View attachment 28098
That was what I said! A couple guys came quick and they asked if I was ok. Of course I replied "Yeah! Is my bike good?!" One of em laughed, the other was trying to hold me still but couldn't. I wasn't ready to stop! Ride until you can't is my theory!!!