Other Starting a 490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought project 1986 Yz 490 don't know anything about MX engines but am plumber so kinda mechanically inclined pulled spark plug looked burnt but put against head n saw spark when pushed on kick starter I mean wasn't great spark but was there I pulled off carb was surprised to see that spring where throttle cable goes in nonetheless sprayed it all out with carb cleaner n unscrewed whatever was on bottom of carb sprayed it out looked through it was clear put back together oh yeah the floats in bowl moved freely and there was fuel in in bowl tried kicking over a bit massive compression but nothing should I start with fresh spark plug any help appreciated newb amateur bike mechanic thanks all

Bought project 1986 Yz 490 don't know anything about MX engines but am plumber so kinda mechanically inclined pulled spark plug looked burnt but put against head n saw spark when pushed on kick starter I mean wasn't great spark but was there I pulled off carb was surprised to see that spring where throttle cable goes in nonetheless sprayed it all out with carb cleaner n unscrewed whatever was on bottom of carb sprayed it out looked through it was clear put back together oh yeah the floats in bowl moved freely and there was fuel in in bowl tried kicking over a bit massive compression but nothing should I start with fresh spark plug any help appreciated newb amateur bike mechanic thanks all
Oh yeah the wax seal looks good and I snaked it out think got clog out of it hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.