SRAD Throws a Yard Sale at Baldy Mesa 1-4-2012

Its my Midweek ride and I thought i was gonna have to ride solo but Srad informed me if i pick him up he would ride Baldy Mesa with me. DONE DEAL... its on the way anyway and riding alone kinda sucks.
alarm set and off i go. Got to dans house around 6:30am where i had to ask his dog if it was cool for Dan to come out and play.
2vj312q.jpg

he said it was cool so the bike was loaded up... the beauty and the beast :P
avmpsh.jpg

After a misshap with Dan thinking he sold all his gas and going to the gas station to find out it would only take 1 gallon we were unloaded and gearing up at the staging spot...We used the Cala Rider so we can talk to each other while we ride... this is really cool but it disconnects too much... PS didnt realize there was a full moon out
e8051g.jpg

So we are heading up the ridgeline on the fireroad when i notice Dan is flinging all kinds of tools all the way up the hill. So i tell him hey you having a YARD SALE? cause shit is flying everywhere... :lol: we stopped i guess the bag on his rear fender busted open. Here is the view from where this happened.
23lxz0y.jpg

Here is Dan walking up grabbing his tools
2qt98ax.jpg

The view from the same spot looking the other way
sdcs2a.jpg

More to come once the video is uploaded. Then a few more pics after that.

from there we headed down Dans SSS and then past the MX track over to the sand hill climbs. I have been trying to make it up this sand hill every time i have rode BM and failed every time. Might not have been the hardest route up this mountain but i finally got to the top and was pretty excited about it. Also if you turn your speakers way up you can actually hear dans voice through the speakers in my helmet in the video. Remember watch in 720p if you can.... and try not to laugh at my excitement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zo5erK1gmU

gotta go through more video ... might be some more raw footage coming. I am feeling lazy and dont want to edit so its straight raw footage.... drag and drop the gopro file itself right into youtube :thumb:

Have gotta get out there soon. It looks sooooooo fun there. Soon, soon damnit. Great report so far Trav.:thumb:

its a really fun place... especially if you ride with someone who knows the area well. A lot of super flowy quad trail type stuff and some solid single tracks.... plenty of hill climbs and some big jumps if you are into that thing. The only thing BM lacks is mileage. You could loop the place and get a full day tho.

its a really fun place... especially if you ride with someone who knows the area well. A lot of super flowy quad trail type stuff and some solid single tracks.... plenty of hill climbs and some big jumps if you are into that thing. The only thing BM lacks is mileage. You could loop the place and get a full day tho.
We will have to get Dan or Tim to show me around, or you for that matter.:thumb:

AWESOME! You made that hill:clap: The video sure doesnt do it justice. Listen little legs:prof:lean the bike over and throw that leg over:P

Poor DAN, the tool man:lol:

The burn area is sad.

Looks like it was another great day at Baldy.:thumb:

Nice report.:thumb: TWS found a tool bag at OW over the holidays. There were a few good items that he'll be able to use. This however, is the main reason I don't like the tool pouch on the bike. It either falls off, or stuff falls out, and you never know.:noidea:

Great RR. or all five of us for that matter.... :moon:

didnt know you knew the area...i forget its prettymuch your backyard too.

AWESOME! You made that hill:clap: The video sure doesnt do it justice. Listen little legs:prof:lean the bike over and throw that leg over:P

Poor DAN, the tool man:lol:

The burn area is sad.

Looks like it was another great day at Baldy.:thumb:
whatever ms long legs... easy for you to say :P..... it was another really fun day.

Can I come....:wave:
welcome to ride with me anytime CDA. I still have much to learn.

Nice report.:thumb: TWS found a tool bag at OW over the holidays. There were a few good items that he'll be able to use. This however, is the main reason I don't like the tool pouch on the bike. It either falls off, or stuff falls out, and you never know.:noidea:

Yeah, some lucky suckers gonna get a nice one with a HD 21" tube in it...........:foul:........gotta remember to pick another tube up. :thinking: Make note to self! :prof: