Spokes, Anyone Have An Opinion?

Like the title says. I'm in the market to put new rims on my 450. I'll be going with the Warp 9 rims, but I'm still up in the air on which spokes to use. The Warp 9 spoke kit is available from RMATV for under $70, which fits nicely into my budget. Then there is Buchanan, who is local to me, but a little pricey.

So, Warp 9 http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=98&navTitle=Tires+and+Wheels&webCatId=8&keyword=warp+9&prodFamilyId=13197

or Buchanans?http://www.buchananspokes.net/products/spoke_kits_yamaha.asp

Nope. I probably should shoot him a PM, and find out what spokes he uses. I'm sure everyone will be out of touch until next week though.:noidea:

add a little spice to that bike by making them color spokes. Buy some shrink tube and install on the spokes then heat it. that would look sick with some blue or black spokes.:smirk:

I don't need that much bling. I'm going with black rims, and I know a powdercoater that will shoot the hubs in candy blue. But that's as far as I'm going.:naughty:

What do you need spokes for anyway? :thinking: Is there really a noticeable difference in spokes between the 2 besides the cost?

There's no way to get all the old spokes off, and reuse them. Stock spokes are just as much money, or more, then heavy duty aftermarket ones. My Brother went to Buchanan, and used their spokes, and had them build his wheels. I like the looks of Buchanans, very beefy, but Warp 9's spokes seem to be the same gauge, so that is the purpose of this thread. Is Buchanans spokes, worth the extra $30 per wheel?

Edit: It also looks like Butthead will be needing his rear respoked. I knew of a broken spoke after our last ride, but upon further examination this AM, he has a total of 3 broken ones. That little ride took out his spokes, my rear rim(cracked), and a pinched rear tube on Travs Gold Fish. You'd better give your rims a good once over Trav.

I would save the $30 per wheel then if they are the same gauge.

You guys are hard on wheels or you need to run some more air pressure. :thinking:
There's no way to get all the old spokes off, and reuse them. Stock spokes are just as much money, or more, then heavy duty aftermarket ones. My Brother went to Buchanan, and used their spokes, and had them build his wheels. I like the looks of Buchanans, very beefy, but Warp 9's spokes seem to be the same gauge, so that is the purpose of this thread. Is Buchanans spokes, worth the extra $30 per wheel?

Edit: It also looks like Butthead will be needing his rear respoked. I knew of a broken spoke after our last ride, but upon further examination this AM, he has a total of 3 broken ones. That little ride took out his spokes, my rear rim(cracked), and a pinched rear tube on Travs Gold Fish. You'd better give your rims a good once over Trav.

ohh yea my rim is cracked and has a HUGE dent in it.

I would save the $30 per wheel then if they are the same gauge.

Same gauge, but maybe not the same material. There were some comments on the Warp 9 page, that really has me wondering.

You guys are hard on wheels or you need to run some more air pressure. :thinking:

More pressure will help the pinched tubes, but not damage to the wheel, only slowing down will help that, and that's not going to happen.:devil:

ohh yea my rim is cracked and has a HUGE dent in it.

Do work Son.:banana:

Dam, good thing I didn't go on that ride or I would need to get a new bike. :smirk:
Save the bucks if the reviews aren't bad. Why you going with W9 anyways?:thinking:

Dam, good thing I didn't go on that ride or I would need to get a new bike. :smirk:

You're welcome.:smirk:

Save the bucks if the reviews aren't bad. Why you going with W9 anyways?:thinking:

I'm not happy with Excells, and I've seen Warp 9's do very well. I've already got a W9 front hoop, but still need to pick up a rear, then 3 sets of spokes. There was a few unhappy W9 reviews, but I'm still on the fence.:thinking:

You ARE getting a new bike ... :shocked:

Just to keep the thread jacking up. Yes, and I wish shipping wasn't 650.00 bucks. I'll eat the gas in my truck but it will not even be close to that. Anyone need anything off the 10 from OC/CA to Tucson/AZ? I'll pick it up unless its a hooker.. :smirk::lol::prof: