250F spark and stator issue(I think)

Hello okay I'm having problems with my Honda and I'm not quite sure where to go from here.

Okay so I was having problems with getting spark to the spark plus instantly I thought it was my coils pack... bought a new one with a new spark plug I checked the gap but yet still no spark. After this I went for the stator when I went to the stator there was a half of a ring from somewhere god knows how it got down there but it did. So I removed this and then I saw I was making progess because now I am getting a strong spark.. but the bad part is I can not get the bike to turn over or start when I kick start it. The only time I can get it to start is when I bump start it! And once it's going it stays running and has no problem but I can't get it to kick over to save my life and normally it's a 2-3 kick bike

Where do I go from here?

Another thing you could do to help anyone trying to help you is to either show a picture of the plug after you have been kicking it or describe it really well (no one cares if it is new or "fine".) I like to know the model so at least I know if you are dealing with a two stroke or four stroke.

Another thing you could do to help anyone trying to help you is to either show a picture of the plug after you have been kicking it or describe it really well (no one cares if it is new or "fine".) I like to know the model so at least I know if you are dealing with a two stroke or four stroke.

So it is a 08 crf 250 r and the only thing I could see being wrong is the stator got messed up or the fly wheel is messed up. The fly wheel has decent sized grooves but I wouldn't think that would affect it at this point I'm trying to figure out if I should but a flywheel or a stator? It will bump start and run great and idol fine but it just won't kick over... I'm really scratching my head on this one

So it is a 08 crf 250 r and the only thing I could see being wrong is the stator got messed up or the fly wheel is messed up. The fly wheel has decent sized grooves but I wouldn't think that would affect it at this point I'm trying to figure out if I should but a flywheel or a stator? It will bump start and run great and idol fine but it just won't kick over... I'm really scratching my head on this one

You can bump start it and it runs fine but after its warmed up will it kick start?

You can bump start it and it runs fine but after its warmed up will it kick start?

No it will not kick over after being warmed up that's the weird thing besuse I thought it was just that. Could there be any sensors that are not allowing it to start?

bump starting it makes it turn over much faster than kicking, that's why it starts that way. Now figure out the reason. Valves too tight are notorious for this as are Honda 250s. It could also be the pickup for the stator I suppose since there was the piece you found down there.