Snipers at the Super Bowl

i think its going to far by letting it be publicly known. Why do they want people in fear so much that we feel the need to have snipers watch over our events.

James

Staff member
i think its going to far by letting it be publicly known. Why do they want people in fear so much that we feel the need to have snipers watch over our events.
First off it wasn't the gov/police that released these photos, but instead the tripod (equipment) supplier. From the looks of it they were merely trying to use these as marketing. For example; "Hey [potential customer], check these photos of the SWAT teams using our equipment to cover the Super Bowl. So if they trust our equipment, why shouldn't you?". However I guess they didn't account for the backlash from some naive people. :lol:

BTW this isn't the only Super Bowl or major event that's been covered by snipers. Heck according to the Cowboys owner, their stadium even had some perches (snipers nests) built for this.

I think it is great that we have someone watching out for the scum. I just hope that when the time comes to do something, they actually do it. I am sure this kind of arrangement goes on more often than not and it is only because of some individual leaking the info that this is now in the news. I bet they had all kinds of this going on at the Rose Parade. :thumb:

yeah thats cool in all, but how are they supposed to shoot a bad guy in a croud of thousands of people from that distance?

First off it wasn't the gov/police that released these photos, but instead the tripod (equipment) supplier. From the looks of it they were merely trying to use these as marketing. For example; "Hey [potential customer], check these photos of the SWAT teams using our equipment to cover the Super Bowl. So if they trust our equipment, why shouldn't you?". However I guess they didn't account for the backlash from some naive people. :lol:

BTW this isn't the only Super Bowl or major event that's been covered by snipers. Heck according to the Cowboys owner, their stadium even had some perches (snipers nests) built for this.
If you truly believe that I don't know what to say..... I will tell you this tho.... If they didn't want us to see those pics we wouldn't be looking at them

My question is, how would a sniper be any help in a crowd of people? If you were to shoot a loony in the crowd, it would most likely kill someone else too. I'd say ground security and a bunch a scouts with binoculars up in the nests would be the way to go. What's next...Air Force coverage? :smirk:

I wouldn't mind snipers though.