250F Slow to decel when chop the throttle

a Buddy of mine has a 14 kx250f, I guess he is complaining that when he goes from WOT to closed throttle the engine doesn't seem to slow down like he thinks it should, in other words, when the throttle is shut on WOT decel it takes too long for the rpm's to wind down. He said the throttle cable has free play. I have never worked on an efi bike, any ideas?

Could be......also he had a bag of programmable chips, maybe 4 or 5 in there....he lost them. So I don't know if that's somthing they would program into one of those, the bike was set up for ice racing before 4skin Mike bought it.
its worth checking, its probably different than mine, but my manual clearly outlines a test for the TPS.

its worth checking, its probably different than mine, but my manual clearly outlines a test for the TPS.

I thought of that also, the tps is worth looking at....I'm probably going to help him look at it this weekend, hopfully I can have several ideas before I go over there. He's learning how to fix bikes,doing good so far but pretty inexperienced, like me on efi.

I am so disallusioned. Here I was convinced that I would never have anything like that happen again if I would only shell out for an injected 4 cycle.

I am so disallusioned. Here I was convinced that I would never have anything like that happen again if I would only shell out for an injected 4 cycle.

Actually I rode this bike since after he was complaining about the problem, I didn't notice an issue. I think my friend is a little bit of a hypochondriac when it comes to his bikes. I guess I could have updated this thread with that info, but I guess I lost interest.

Could be......also he had a bag of programmable chips, maybe 4 or 5 in there....he lost them. So I don't know if that's somthing they would program into one of those, the bike was set up for ice racing before 4skin Mike bought it.

There's your problem right there.... Nobody wants engine braking while ice racing. Check the mapping and the compression release.

There's your problem right there.... Nobody wants engine braking while ice racing. Check the mapping and the compression release.

He misplace his program chips......but like I said it seems fine to me. That's the first thing I suspected though. Hell it still had studs in it when he picked it up in May