MI Silver Lake

450 acres of sand open to orv's right on the shore of Lake Michigan. The name of the town is Mears Mi. It's about a two hour drive from where I live in Holland.

uploadfromtaptalk1372219840872.jpg
This is from my camp site last summer at the state park campground right on silver lake. You can see the dunes where the orv park is right on the other side of the lake. It's one of my most favorite places in the whole wide world.

My trailer situation got fucked so I spent today putting and axle under the one I took from my mom and my dad took from me, ran it over with his truck and overloaded it and fuxored a spring. Now it has a new axle and just needs a new deck now.

Next weekend is redbud, so maybe in two weeks ill make it to the dunes.

James

Staff member
Darn, so you didn't make it out to the dunes? :(

Next weekend is redbud, so maybe in two weeks ill make it to the dunes.

REDBBUUUDDDD!!!! You camping or just going for the National on Saturday? I'll be shooting so if you see a short guy whose camera lens is almost bigger than him, that'll be me. :smirk::lol:

*sidenote*
I wear ear plugs so you may have to throw stuff at me...

Darn, so you didn't make it out to the dunes? :(

REDBBUUUDDDD!!!! You camping or just going for the National on Saturday? I'll be shooting so if you see a short guy whose camera lens is almost bigger than him, that'll be me. :smirk::lol:

*sidenote*
I wear ear plugs so you may have to throw stuff at me...

Oohhh. I might have to make a trip to Red Bud.:devil:

No sand doons this weekend :'(

I have friends camping but I will not be. Just there Saturday with my 4 year old.

I'm in the middle. I'm tall but he's huge for a 4 year old (95th percentile for height and weight).
uploadfromtaptalk1372651398385.jpg

I finally made it out today. My bike ran rich as shit and stumbled on the bottom but flew once the power valve opened. My back fender is now more black than yellow. The only bike I was able to beat in a drag race was an rmz450 on a knobbie and I had my paddle on. That said I couldn't hear my bike due to all the loud ass 4 stroke quads and I stayed in 1st and 2nd too long a lot.

I also got to watch 6 guys on newer 450's put on an air show. I told one of them "I wish" and he replied "4th gear wide open." They were clearing a good 70 feet. A guy was taking pictures and said he would post them on his 4x4 clubs facebook page so i'll be sure to link them when they get posted.