Amatuer Shout out to Monkey-Boy.

So, as some of you know, Monkey-Boy was in FCA-MX Camp (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) this week. I could not go down because it was too busy at work. They are not allowed phones at this camp so, no news is good news. Anyway, today was last day at camp and I was really looking forward to hearing about the camp. Monkey-Wife phoned me after she picked him up and tells me - Monkey-Boy was awarded "Camper-of-the week". This is particularly surprising to the both of us because we do not go to church. Monkey-wife was in tears. I am so proud of him because what it tells me is that he endeared himself to all the kids and counsellors around him. Just a Dad bragging 'bout his son. (I phoned my own Dad immediately after to let him know). I'm terribly dissapointed because they are heading up to the race tonight and I will not be there with them. I think only James has had a chance to talk to Monkey-Boy before but, he does continue to make me proud. I really don't care how well he races - I really do care about his people skills - this just makes me so dang proud. :thumb: Thanks for listening to a proud Dad. :thumb:

James

Staff member
That's awesome Edge. :thumb: Yup I can vouch for Monkey Boy, cool kid. BTW why isn't he a member yet and where are those riding videos you promised? :P

Oh did you ever find out who the pro guys were that showed up?

That's awesome Edge. :thumb: Yup I can vouch for Monkey Boy, cool kid. BTW why isn't he a member yet and where are those riding videos you promised? :P

Oh did you ever find out who the pro guys were that showed up?

Jax hasn't taught me how to post vids or pics from this Macrap. :lol: I haven't talked to Monkey-Boy yet tonight - I am hoping he will phone - 'course, if he's like his Old man, he will phone on Sunday.....:smirk: (PS - I still don't even get how to join FB????? At least I have some of his crap on there.)

Jax hasn't taught me how to post vids or pics from this Macrap. :lol: I haven't talked to Monkey-Boy yet tonight - I am hoping he will phone - 'course, if he's like his Old man, he will phone on Sunday.....:smirk: (PS - I still don't even get how to join FB????? At least I have some of his crap on there.)

I see I need to make some how to's :lol:

Thats awesome Edge!!! I am sure you are proud popa :thumb:

Truely a Roost worthy, and awesome post Nedge.:thumb: (I'll have to hit you later though) Also, congrats to Monkey Boy, sometimes being a Dad has its moments.

So, as some of you know, Monkey-Boy was in FCA-MX Camp (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) this week. I could not go down because it was too busy at work. They are not allowed phones at this camp so, no news is good news. Anyway, today was last day at camp and I was really looking forward to hearing about the camp. Monkey-Wife phoned me after she picked him up and tells me - Monkey-Boy was awarded "Camper-of-the week". This is particularly surprising to the both of us because we do not go to church. Monkey-wife was in tears. I am so proud of him because what it tells me is that he endeared himself to all the kids and counsellors around him. Just a Dad bragging 'bout his son. (I phoned my own Dad immediately after to let him know). I'm terribly dissapointed because they are heading up to the race tonight and I will not be there with them. I think only James has had a chance to talk to Monkey-Boy before but, he does continue to make me proud. I really don't care how well he races - I really do care about his people skills - this just makes me so dang proud. :thumb: Thanks for listening to a proud Dad. :thumb:
Just a serious testament to you and your wife. Really good stuff. How old is he?

This is so true. Being the fastest on the track is meaningless if you are an A-hole in life. Congrats to you and family.
P.S.
Sounds like Monkey-Boy deserves an extra bananna for dinner. :banana:

This is so true. Being the fastest on the track is meaningless if you are an A-hole in life. Congrats to you and family.
P.S.
Sounds like Monkey-Boy deserves an extra bananna for dinner. :banana:
God what I could do with this line. NEdge? Are you listening?:P