Should i Buy 2001 suzuki rm 250

So i'm considering this dirt bike it looks flawless nothing wrong few basic mods, i'm 17 5"8 and between 170lbs and 180 and i'm only going to be getting smaller weight whise used to be around 230lbs. Any ways is this a good bike to jump on, maybe 6-7 feet jumps, and a good dunes bike? I'm in az, most of my experience is on atvs have some experience on dirt bikes, actually have scars on both my arms and the back of my neck, from wrecking one and landing on a barbed wire fence, but that was with less than a week experience:D any opinions is greatly appreciated. Most of my riding will be desert rarely dunes and some road, but 90% basic desert.

Last edited:
So i'm considering this dirt bike it looks flawless nothing wrong few basic mods, i'm 17 5"8 and between 170lbs and 180 and i'm only going to be getting smaller weight whise used to be around 230lbs. Any ways is this a good bike to jump on, maybe 6-7 feet jumps, and a good dunes bike? I'm in az, most of my experience is on atvs have some experience on dirt bikes, actually have scars on both my arms and the back of my neck, from wrecking one and landing on a barbed wire fence, but that was with less than a week experience:D any opinions is greatly appreciated. Most of my riding will be desert rarely dunes and some road, but 90% basic desert.

It's an MX racing bike so with stock springs you can do 30-40 ft easily and upto 70ft or longer gaps depending on the landing. This isn't a beginners bike but if you have experience then have at it.

Fast enough for most amateur riders and more than good enough for what your going to be using it for!:ride:
What size bike did you wreck out on last time and what were the circumstances? :noidea:
250's can be quite naughty in the wrong hands!:crash::cripple:
But a huge amount of fun experienced or not:thumb::cheers:

It was because i had no experience for starters and i was sitting on the seat and hit a unexpected bump at like 40-45 mph and bounced over the handle bars

If it was going to be my first bike or at least first proper bike I would go for something a little less violent ( In the nicest possible way obvs ) I'm nearly 40 and been in the hot seat since I was 4 so for your own sake start with something a bit less madass!
On a serious note, invest in a couple of lessons at your local track and you won't find too many unexpected bumps you ain't ready to hit with confidence!

Last edited:
If it was going to be my first bike or at least first proper bike I would go for something a little less violent ( In the nicest possible way obvs ) I'm nearly 40 and been in the hot seat since I was 4 so for your own sake start with something a bit less madass!
On a serious note, invest in a couple of lessons at your local track and you won't find too many unexpected bumps you ain't ready to hit with confidence!
Ha ha nah i have enough experience now and i'd like to learn to jump em and hell what better way than to earn a few scars! And working 40 hours a week minimum wage i can't afford to buy more than one bike, looking to buy something I'll end up using for atleast a few years, i'm getting it for 1500$ just can't pass it up. And ik nothing like hitting a unexpected bump will happen again any rough terrain I'll be standing a bracing for impact xD

Last edited:
I like the look of mine more :wink: killer bike, scary quick went around 80 i'd say and doesn't take very long to get there. Blew the rear brake line in the process, just ordered a new line and renthal pads there burnt up, goona go throo it and make sure everythings 100% handled great on the street and tires whip out in gravel like nothing, goona bring it in the desert ones i get the parts in and put a new plug in, its a pain to start, probably needa pop a new gas line in it aswell fucked up the last one cleaning the carb had to put a car gas line on it lol.