Pro Shining a laser into Villopoto's eyes during moto 1 start

James

Staff member
So a little drama from Washougal, allegedly Jeff Alessi flashed a laser into Ryan Villopoto's eyes during the first moto start. According to GuyB (Vital MX):

GuyB:
The laser pointer deal happened on the starting gate for the first 450 moto. Apparently RV's GoPro is adept at catching more than race action. It was lit up by the laser pointer right as the gate was about to drop. Apparently it also shows someone off to the right of the start in a team shirt moving behind a tree as Ryan's going up the start straight.

There was a hunt for who was doing it before the start of the next moto. Jeff was found with the laser pointer in his possession, and Davey Coombs relieved him of it, and also Jeff of his pass.

I asked Jeff about it afterwards, and he claimed that it was his ex-girlfriend who had done it.

And drum roll please......

[Davey Coombs (MX Sports) taking away the laser and Jeff's credential]
alessi_laser.jpg

Really curious as to what the outcome of this will be.

Edit: MX Sports has posted their response to this, you can view it here.
https://www.dirtbikeaddicts.com/con...ponse-to-the-jeff-alessi-laser-incident.6315/

James

Staff member
There's supposedly also a video of Tony Alessi and Mathias (sp?) from Pulp MX having a pretty heated argument later in the day...:popcorn:

You-Think-This-Is-A-Game-Cat-Meme.png

If that's true - he should be banned for life. If somebody did that to my kid, I would karate chop him in the head - of courses I'm on the innerwebeseseses and such and such and so forth. But, seriously, somebody needs to pay with their life :prof:

:lol: The look on his face is like wtf?

I think everyone's kinda over reacting about it. Twiddledee and Twiddledum aren't that fast anyhow and everyone already hates Tony. This is kinda like the grass roots sabotage thing. Everyone still raced and RV still won, and if they didn't do anything Mike probably would have taken a tire to the visor or someone other than the Alessi clique you have been delivering elbows to the face. In the end its all kinda funny, even though I don't agree what so ever with cheating and would be mad if someone did that to me. Pro racing is being taken to serious, and its all about trying to shell up to the promoters. Its really taking the fun out of it for the person.

James

Staff member
:lol: The look on his face is like wtf?

I think everyone's kinda over reacting about it. Twiddledee and Twiddledum aren't that fast anyhow and everyone already hates Tony. This is kinda like the grass roots sabotage thing. Everyone still raced and RV still won, and if they didn't do anything Mike probably would have taken a tire to the visor or someone other than the Alessi clique you have been delivering elbows to the face. In the end its all kinda funny, even though I don't agree what so ever with cheating and would be mad if someone did that to me. Pro racing is being taken to serious, and its all about trying to shell up to the promoters. Its really taking the fun out of it for the person.

I leave you with this, today's standards would probably ban this guy for life. View attachment 16936

There's no comparison between these two. Getting mooned by a fan (or in this case a mechanic) "shouldn't" blind you. Shining a laser into a racers eyes during a motocross start is very dangerous as it can temporarily blind you, which in turn can cause serious injury. This is no laughing matter. With your logic fans should also be able to throw sticks into the spokes/wheels as they go by.

Also throwing elbows and racing "dirty" is another thing entirely as it's rider-to-rider on the track and IMO is just part of racing. If the AMA or MX Sports starts fining riders for "rubbing elbows" I'll be one of the first to complain.