Shift problem

I usually run belray gear saver 80w but ran out and using shell 15w40 now. When i start the bike in neutral and try to put it in 1st the shifter sometimes grinds like im not pulling clutch. Cable has proper adjistment. My clutch basket is severly notched so maybe this new oil just makes it more noticeable

My clutch also slips in 5th before and now even if i go up a hill and pin it the clutch slips even in 1st. It has brand new clutch kit. Gonna buy basket next.

My clutch also slips in 5th before and now even if i go up a hill and pin it the clutch slips even in 1st. It has brand new clutch kit. Gonna buy basket next.

OEM outter basket and inner basket /clutch hub will be your cheapest options

If the oil you are using has anything in the lower parts of the oil rating seal it will be an oil not suited for a wet clutch. It can't say "energy conservation" or " friction modified" in the bottom of the seal. Try Shell Rotella T6 oil as it is rated for wet clutches.
Also your notched clutch basket will allow the clutch friction disk to hand up and not make good contact.

Paw Paw

OEM outter basket and inner basket /clutch hub will be your cheapest options

Ive been planing on buying wiseco clutch basket for a while because it has lifetime warranty against notching. I also plan on keeping the bike untill the come out with fuel injected 2 strokes.

As far as the oil, im switching back to bel ray

Sorry. Did the new clutch parts go in at the same time you swigged oil types. FYI I have never had slipping problems with either oil you mentioned.