She's naked...

SRAD97750

Staff member
Just thought I'd post up some recent (august) photos of work. Let me know what you think or wonder...:banana:
I am the night shift supervisor at Pacific Aerospace Research & Technology. We do heavy maintenance on many different models of aircraft. Most recently we have been working on Boeing 747s. This is an ex-Qantas 747-400. Now owned by MAX AIR.

work 003.jpg

work 032.jpg

work 034.jpg

work 035.jpg

work 039.jpg

work 044.jpg

work 047.jpg

work 049.jpg

work 050.jpg

work 051.jpg

work 052.jpg

work 031.jpg

work 029.jpg

work 025.jpg

work 001.jpg

work 004.jpg

work 008.jpg

work 009.jpg

work 010.jpg

work 011.jpg

work 012.jpg

work 013.jpg

work 017.jpg

work 023.jpg

work 054.jpg

Great pics! Some of those shots sort of remind me of that human body exhibit that was going around for a while. The one with the human bodies that have their skin gone so you can see all the internal parts.

So massive! It's hard to believe it can fly:shocked:

James

Staff member
Very cool Dan! :thumb:

Do they ever let you take them out for a spin? :devil:

Oh and that's probably the only time I'll ever see the inside of the First Class cabin. :pout:

SRAD97750

Staff member
It's a 1990. This particular aircraft had a major accident while with Qantas. An oxygen bottle exploded in the forward cargo pit. Blew the whole side of the aircraft off. It has been completely repaired to new.
Yes, I am Tow/Taxi qualified. In fact I taxiied this particular plane to the blast fence when we went out to perform high power engine runs. So I was driving it completely by myself under the power of the engines. :ride:

This aircraft has since been reassembled and left for Nigeria under the tail number 5N-HMB. I have completed another project (747-200) since MAX AIR left. I am now working on a 747-400 for KABO airlines. It will be complete in februrary.

Glad you guys like it. I'm considering calling in sick today...:devil: