Seat Cover

About a week or so ago I asked if anyone had any good sources for decent seat covers.
Not seeing anything I liked, or one for the bike I was wanting it for, I decided to purchase a pneumatic staple gun and give it a go myself.
Since I already have an old Singer industrial walking-foot machine for my skydiving stuff I figured I would buy some leather needles and give it a shot.
Below are a few pics of the end product, my first attempt, on a 2004 TT-R 90 I picked up for my niece a few weeks back. It's not perfect, and I found there is a better vinyl for this than what I used, but it'll work for my 8 year old niece. Special thanks to Youtube;
Seat 1.JPG Seat 2.JPG Seat 4.JPG

About a week or so ago I asked if anyone had any good sources for decent seat covers.
Not seeing anything I liked, or one for the bike I was wanting it for, I decided to purchase a pneumatic staple gun and give it a go myself.
Since I already have an old Singer industrial walking-foot machine for my skydiving stuff I figured I would buy some leather needles and give it a shot.
Below are a few pics of the end product, my first attempt, on a 2004 TT-R 90 I picked up for my niece a few weeks back. It's not perfect, and I found there is a better vinyl for this than what I used, but it'll work for my 8 year old niece. Special thanks to Youtube;
View attachment 30846 View attachment 30847 View attachment 30848

Nice work :thumb:

I didn't know about the other, better suited to this application, 4-way stretch vinyl until after I had already bought 4 yards of this stuff. I'll order a couple yards of that next week and probably do all the dirtbikes.
I might just tackle the WR with this stuff this weekend though. Right now it has one of those shitty glued together plastic seat covers that is splitting at the "seams". While it makes for worthless seat cover, it will make a perfect template.
Keep that butt from sliding around lol
The sewing machine I have is made for this type of stuff and is very heavy-duty. I could conceivably sew any type of grippy fabric into a cover, and design it to be wherever I want it.
What material do they use in the real world for this?