Amatuer Searchlight Grand Prix this weekend

Going to be racing my first Searchlight Grand Prix this weekend. Me and a couple of buddies are heading out in the morning. This is a race that we have all wanted to do and it just wasn't in the cards until this year. This race is in a little small town out in the middle of no where. You get to race down the streets through peoples garages and car ports, its just an awesome race that everybody says is a must do.

Here is a video I found of last years race.

That is awesome! Good luck. I have been to searchlight a few times in my years. Great little town and love the off-roaders.

That looks like a fun course. Good luck and let us know how it went, with pictures too. :thumb:

Just letting you know I am the worst at getting pictures. I take the camera and almost always forget. Going to see if my sister can go with us she is better at remembering the pictures. But I will do a race report after the race.

Going to be racing my first Searchlight Grand Prix this weekend. Me and a couple of buddies are heading out in the morning. This is a race that we have all wanted to do and it just wasn't in the cards until this year. This race is in a little small town out in the middle of no where. You get to race down the streets through peoples garages and car ports, its just an awesome race that everybody says is a must do.

Here is a video I found of last years race.

CACACACrazy... so expectto see a jump over someones above ground pool, and maybe a trials section on someones roof... :noidea:... hey, could happen :smirk:

Well we had a good race yesterday. I woke up early Saturday morning and was not feeling well I think caught whatever my wife had for the last week. I doped myself up on cold medication and head out to meet my buddies at my shop. There were three of us racing with one of the races being at 7 am. We get the trucks old And head on, showing up at the track At about 5:30am. They informed us at sign ups that there was going to be no practice. The first race is the vet race which one of my buddies was on the vet expert line. Brian got off the line with a mid pack starting got thought the enduro cross section pretty clean. He was able to lay down two good laps for a first place in vet expert.

We also had a girl that we support with parts race the searchlight Grand Prix and she went off the line with the vet experts as well. Leksi was able to stay ahead of the field on her Suzuki Rm 125 to finish the women's expert class in first place. Not bad for her first GP desert race.

After the women's and vet race they had the quads race so we had about a hour before we had to get ready. David and I were both racing the lights class. He was racing amateur and I signed up for the novice class. The banner dropped for my class and I went with my game plan to just roll the gate and let everybody go. After a big first turn pile up I came out probably 5-6th place. They ran us through the mx track then the enduro cross section. I came into the enduro cross section and I came in to find a huge pile up in which I couldn't get around so I had to wait it out. Once I got through the enduro cross section I got out in the desert sections where I am most comfortable. I was able to pick off 5-10 guys before we got to the town section. I was able to hold most of them off until the final 30 miles of the second lap. My arms were just dead and I was just holding on to get to the finish. David finished 4th in lites amateur and I finished 12th in lites novice.

Overall I had an awesome time at the race. We all came away fairly healthy. Brian caught a rock on lap one that we think broke his hand. He is going to get it checked tomorrow.