North Saturday June 15 ~ Little Stony

This is an intermediate ride of 50+ miles. All day. Lot's of hill climbs & single track. I hate fire roads. I love water crossings. My two favorites are water crossings & hill climbs. There is a lot of double track, it is Stonyford after all. Stony has it all.

I just ordered a new shock spring for my fat ass! At 300 lbs. all geared up, the stock spring was feeling a little long in the tooth. I bumped up the compression 8 clicks & eliminated the bottoming problem, the spring should fix my sag issue.

Based on the attached link, Stonyford is open year round for Red Sticker dirt bikes. http://ohv.parks.ca....ing Seasons.pdf <- That's Me.

It's gonna be hot. They're asking for 90*. The place is HUGE so I plan on having lunch out on the mountain. Maybe Letts Lake, the waterfall, the steam engine, where's that spring? Bring your Camelbak & a sandwich.

I haven't been since the fire so this will be quite the exploring mission.

I like staging @ Little Stonyford since it's 30 minutes closer to Sacramento than Davis Flat. Plan on a 9:00 am departure time from the campground.

Now I've been spoiled for the last month and had Tour Guides hold my hand & show me around. I liked it!
rolleyes.gif
Now this time I know Stonyford since I've been riding there for over 7 years. So................ What to do?! I's a slow, lazy cuss, so I'll let you lead!
thumbsup.gif

I love the Internet!
wink.gif

P.S. Come on Stretch! I'll race you up 26!
biggrin.gif
Love Lady is calling my name! "Slyko, Slyko......... Come here........... I wanna kick your ass!"

Map.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5145207.pdf

Look on the bottom right for Little Stony.

Thanks Cuttenkid!
The Town of Stonyford Welcomes Riders Back Today (pics of trails, etc. in blog)​
Thanks to all the volunteers who helped make this happen.​
This ride is INTERMEDIATE. I'm a 51 year old fat guy that thinks he's 23. I've been riding Stonyford for over 7 years and can ride the entire park. I'll have a loop all picked out but we'll adjust the ride to our group. Some of those hills with all the loose rocks are anything but fun. We'll avoid those. The single track is not rocky, it is tight & through the woods. If there are any woods. I haven't seen Stony since the fire. There are rocks, it is called STONYFORD for a reason.​
I'm not fast but I can ride anything. (Yeah right!) I just did 71 miles Saturday of last week. The biggest issue........................ I want to have fun!​
Snap_2013.06.12+18.23.02_002.jpg
P.S. Make sure you bring your Camelbak filled with your favorite beverage. It's gonna be hot. Last ride I was on with someone without water, he was puking 30 miles into it. I miss bigbob. Every ride I was ever on with him had a good story associated with it.

Did Big Bob pass away? I didnt know him but remember him from TT posts. I havent ever rode Stony. I hear it is rocky. The closest I have come to Stony was Cow Mt. in the dead summer time. Got on the bikes and sweat for an hour, we were miserable. I said shine this! So we rode down to the Resevior and jumped in. I dont think that resevior is there anymore. It's been years since I have rode Nor Cal, except The Reno and Tahoe area, rode that 2 summers ago. Wish I were nearby, sounds like a ride I would like. I got the impression you liked torture rides. But I guess since your fat and old now, not so much:D
Have fun and stay cool. They say after you have had heat stroke once in your life you are more suspetible to it in the future.