Pro Ryan Villopoto: Win Or Lose, 2015 Will Be His Last Season

Four-time AMA Supercross Champion Ryan Villopoto says his 2015 season in the Motocross World Championship will be his final season – win or lose.

“Most of all, I’m just trying to go over there and really enjoy this last year,” Villopoto wrote in a blog on his website on Monday. “This is a one-time deal. I am going to finish my career win or lose after this next season… But I’d love to win and leave on top.”

Villopoto recently signed a contract with Kawasaki Europe to contest the MX1 class in the 2015 World Championship.

“By now you probably know that I will be racing MXGP next season,” Villopoto wrote. “What a relief it is to get that off my chest and share it will all of you. I know the suspense was driving some of you crazy, but I had to keep my lips sealed until my contract with Kawasaki of America was complete. Together we had a good run with some great memories, but now it’s time to switch gears and try something a little different.”

Villopoto said he was considering retiring until coming up with the option of a season of GP racing.

“I know a lot of people were speculating that I was going to retire, and to be honest, I considered it,” Villopoto wrote. “Life for a pro motocross racer can be pretty tough - especially if you fall down a lot, LOL. Did I want to have to climb back up that ladder? Get myself back into shape? I didn’t know if I wanted to tackle that all again. I’ve done that already twice - coming back from a fairly major injury. Even at this point right now its five months or so until the gate drops in Qatar…”

Nice, so he is spending his last year in Europe and not having an farewell tour for his dedicated fans here in the US. I could careless, but I hope he does not go out like that...That would not be cool.

I have always liked RV, and I do believe he has elevated himself into the discussion of the all time greats. I would rather see him kick some euro ass than see him dominate the field in the US and wrap it up with 3 rounds left. A foreigner came over here and won the 14 season, might as well send one of us over to the others home land and win there. If he wins, I may put him in the same class as the GOAT.

Four-time AMA Supercross Champion Ryan Villopoto says his 2015 season in the Motocross World Championship will be his final season – win or lose.

“Most of all, I’m just trying to go over there and really enjoy this last year,” Villopoto wrote in a blog on his website on Monday. “This is a one-time deal. I am going to finish my career win or lose after this next season… But I’d love to win and leave on top.”

Villopoto recently signed a contract with Kawasaki Europe to contest the MX1 class in the 2015 World Championship.

“By now you probably know that I will be racing MXGP next season,” Villopoto wrote. “What a relief it is to get that off my chest and share it will all of you. I know the suspense was driving some of you crazy, but I had to keep my lips sealed until my contract with Kawasaki of America was complete. Together we had a good run with some great memories, but now it’s time to switch gears and try something a little different.”

Villopoto said he was considering retiring until coming up with the option of a season of GP racing.

“I know a lot of people were speculating that I was going to retire, and to be honest, I considered it,” Villopoto wrote. “Life for a pro motocross racer can be pretty tough - especially if you fall down a lot, LOL. Did I want to have to climb back up that ladder? Get myself back into shape? I didn’t know if I wanted to tackle that all again. I’ve done that already twice - coming back from a fairly major injury. Even at this point right now its five months or so until the gate drops in Qatar…”

Nice, so he is spending his last year in Europe and not having an farewell tour for his dedicated fans here in the US. I could careless, but I hope he does not go out like that...That would not be cool.

you guys think RV2 will do any after career racing here in the States? Like when RC raced in the X Games supercross, you think he might do the Monster Energy Cup or any one time race event such as those? Or do you think when he hangs up his helmet he'll never put it on again, competitively anyway?

he'll ride a utility quad to haul out the wild game he shoots.

you guys think RV2 will do any after career racing here in the States? Like when RC raced in the X Games supercross, you think he might do the Monster Energy Cup or any one time race event such as those? Or do you think when he hangs up his helmet he'll never put it on again, competitively anyway?