ROTC-navy

Well, I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do after school, and I felt super hopeless. Stuck in dreary Ohio, student loan debts, no promised job, and a downward spiral of the economy. But I finally worked it all out and fit in everything that I'd want to do. I decided to join the NROTC program. (naval reserved officers training course). I've not looked into it much until recently and decided as far it goes for me, the ROTC is the best option. After I leave I would like to get a job out of state in orthopedic surgery, hopefully for the SD California naval base my dad used to work at. I bring this to the DBA discussion board because I would like to know what to expect. I'm a little worried I may not qualify for the program because I have several old injuries, one a broken wrist that is put back together and a broken elbow that has been repaired. I also maintain a 3.0 in school and hope it will be good enough to get in. Does anybody have any experience? -Thank you :USA:

http://www.navy.com/joining/education-opportunities/nrotc/

Since you will be in service as an officer, does that mean that you wont be a seamen? Bummer.

Good luck!
I will, and even be in subs and on boats during a large portion of school. This also includes flying and being on aircraft carriers in live action.

When I graduated high school I was all set up to join the NROTC with hopes of being a pilot.
I worked my ass off to get in shape the pass the physicals and studied hard because my ACT math score was just a hair too low for the program. I overcame all that, got an acceptance letter from the NROTC program at UNM and a month later was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, therefore ineligible for any military service.

That aside, I obviously believe its a great program! it will teach you a lot of vital things for life you won't get any other way. Best of luck to you Ray! I'll be rooting for you :thumb: its a tough competitive program

When I graduated high school I was all set up to join the NROTC with hopes of being a pilot.
I worked my ass off to get in shape the pass the physicals and studied hard because my ACT math score was just a hair too low for the program. I overcame all that, got an acceptance letter from the NROTC program at UNM and a month later was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, therefore ineligible for any military service.

That aside, I obviously believe its a great program! it will teach you a lot of vital things for life you won't get any other way. Best of luck to you Ray! I'll be rooting for you :thumb: its a tough competitive program
It's something I really really want to do, and the only way to accomplish it is to put all my effort forward, with or without scholarship. I'm glad to hear you would have been able to make it, and appreciate the insight. Thanks :thumb: Also if you don't mind me asking, what was your ACT score?

It's something I really really want to do, and the only way to accomplish it is to put all my effort forward, with or without scholarship. I'm glad to hear you would have been able to make it, and appreciate the insight. Thanks :thumb: Also if you don't mind me asking, what was your ACT score?

when all was said and done and on the 3rd try I got a 28 combined score

some of us are just smarter than others :pout:
I guess my top 2 questions are, 1) What do you need to get in and 2) do you think I will be able to make it in? I think I'm going to try to go to San Deigo University if I can, but if not somewhere close to home like miami.

Well, today I found out I can go through the airforce ROTC program close to home and I'm over qualified for a scholarship. The military has a lot of student options and I like all of them.